Sr. Security Operations Engineer
Axonius gives customers the confidence to control complexity by mitigating threats, navigating risk, automating response actions, and informing business-level strategy. With solutions for both cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) and SaaS management, Axonius is deployed in minutes and integrates with hundreds of data sources to provide a comprehensive asset inventory, uncover gaps, and automatically validate and enforce policies. Cited as one of the fastest-growing cybersecurity startups, with accolades from CNBC, Forbes, and Fortune, Axonius covers millions of assets, including devices and cloud assets, user accounts, and SaaS applications, for customers around the world.
Headquartered in New York, New York, Axonius employs over 600 people worldwide. Axonius has been recognized with the Great Place to Work Certification™ and was named to Dun’s Best Start Up Companies to Work for Over 100 Employees. Most recently, Axonius was ranked #3 on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list as well as included on Inc. magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list. Axonius has been cited as the fastest growing cybersecurity company in history by revenue.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for future Axonians who value growth, team, humility and winning!
As part of our rapid growth we are looking for a Senior Security Operations Engineer to join our tight-knit team! As a Senior Security Operations Engineer at Axonius, you will help to grow and mature the operational aspects of our security program. This will involve evaluating and implementing security solutions as well as designing and participating in threat detection, response, and hunting activities. Your work will directly impact all areas of our business.
The ideal candidate has several years of hands-on experience helping shape and operate a security operations function, though we’re open to more senior hands-on candidates as well.
- Investigate alerts and events that might have information security implications.
- Respond to, and handle the cross-team coordination of potential security incidents, and develop automations to reduce the chances of future similar incidents.
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain modern cloud-native security tooling related to corporate and product infrastructure.
- Follow industry security trends, advisories, news, and general research, and advise stakeholders across the company how to stay ahead of relevant security risks.
- Advise internal stakeholders on security-related subjects ranging from general OpSec to corporate application or infrastructure architecture.
- Hands-on security operations experience working within a modern, Zero Trust oriented, and cloud and SaaS-heavy environment.
- Experience with a broad range of security technologies, not just a deep focus on a single toolset.
- Strong networking and systems knowledge, including a strong understanding of macOS, Windows, and Linux internals.
- The ability to write scripts or software to automate security engineering tasks (Python-specific experience is a plus).
- Basic cloud infrastructure engineering knowledge (Terraform experience is a strong plus).
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, especially in fast-moving, challenging situations.
Axonius is committed to fair and equitable compensation packages. A candidate’s salary will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. In addition to a competitive salary, our packages include stock options, attractive benefits, and an annual bonus
A little more about Axonius:
- We are a remote-first culture. We have offices in New York and in Tel Aviv, but the majority of our employees are working from home across the US and Internationally.
- Our people aren’t just great professionals, they are great people. We are all here to support each other, ready to help and do what’s best for the entire company.
- Focus on Career growth. We love seeing our people grow into new roles and work hard to ensure everyone sees and can realize a long term career path here at Axonius.
At Axonius we support a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe in equal employment opportunity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.