Director of Security Operations and Engineering
Axonius is looking for a Director of Security Operations and Engineering to lead a global team of cybersecurity analysts and engineers. The team provides enterprise security guidance and oversight to address Axonius’ needs and customers’ expectations. To achieve this, the team focuses on:
- Advising Axonius’ enterprise teams on threat modeling, secure configuration practices, and mitigating risks associated with deploying and using technology.
- Detecting and investigating security events in Axonius’ infrastructure and applications, which includes the oversight of our corporate and product environments.
- Building, maintaining, and operating internal security technologies with a focus on automation.
- Identifying vulnerabilities in non-product infrastructure and collaborating with other teams to prioritize their remediation.
- Overseeing physical security measures in our offices.
You’ll report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and work with peers who lead Axonius’ corporate IT, platform security, and cybersecurity assurance functions. You’ll collaborate with and influence stakeholders throughout Axonius, including members of R&D, Sales, Marketing, People, and other teams. Your efforts will directly contribute to the evolution of the cybersecurity program at Axonius in support of the company’s growth.
You need to have experience leading, managing, and motivating a small or mid-size cybersecurity team performing similar functions in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
You need to have performed hands-on, technical cybersecurity work in the recent past. Though this is not an individual contributor role, you’ll need to lead from the experience of having performed many of the tasks that people on your team would be performing.
The expertise required for the Director of Security Operations and Engineering role at Axonius covers:
- Technologies that comprise the modern IT stack and include a variety of SaaS applications and cloud infrastructure.
- Defensive cybersecurity methods for safeguarding and monitoring SaaS, endpoint, and cloud infrastructure.
- Automation of cybersecurity tasks to perform cybersecurity operations tasks in a scalable, efficient, and effective manner.
- Security interactions with the processes employed by software engineering teams to develop, deploy, and operate SaaS products.
- Technical insights related to meaningful security controls in the context of ISO 27001 and SOC 2 frameworks.
- Written and verbal communication skills for in-person and remote interactions with colleagues in several countries, including Israel and the United States.
- Organizational and documentation skills. Attention to detail.
The specific technologies relevant to your team’s responsibilities include the AWS ecosystem, Google Workspace, Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems, Kubernetes, Cloudflare, Terraform, and Panther.
We suspect that accumulating the necessary depth and breadth of knowledge related to this role will have taken at least 10 years of combined cybersecurity and IT experience, with at least 6 of those years focused on cybersecurity.
Our Culture and Benefits:
- Axonius is committed to ensuring that each team member has a clear and attainable long-term career path. To support this, we allocate a yearly budget to every employee, enabling them to invest in their own growth and learning according to their specific needs and aspirations.
- We understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. That's why we provide our employees with three long weekends throughout the year, giving them the opportunity to rejuvenate, spend quality time with loved ones, and invest in their own well-being. In addition, we created a special parental leave policy which allows both primary caregiver and secondary caregiver to spend substantial time with their newborn. We’re also proud to offer extra vacation days for the following important life events: marriage, birth of a grandchild, special milestones related to your children, loss of pregnancy and bereavement.
- We see you. As part of our culture, our employees' well-being is important to us.That’s why we offer psychological support services and support services.
- While we have physical offices in New York, Brazil, and Tel Aviv, we embrace a flexible working culture. The majority of our employees work remotely, regardless of their location around the globe. This flexibility allows us to tap into a diverse talent pool and enables our team members to work in a way that suits their individual preferences and circumstances.
A little more about Axonius:
Axonius gives customers the confidence to control complexity by mitigating threats, navigating risk, automating response actions, and informing business-level strategy. With solutions for both cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) and SaaS management, Axonius is deployed in minutes and integrates with hundreds of data sources to provide a comprehensive asset inventory, uncover gaps, and automatically validate and enforce policies. Cited as one of the fastest-growing cybersecurity startups, with accolades from CNBC, Forbes, and Fortune, Axonius covers millions of assets, including devices and cloud assets, user accounts, and SaaS applications, for customers around the world.
Headquartered in New York, New York, Axonius employs over 600 people worldwide. Axonius has been recognized with the Great Place to Work Certification™ and was named to Dun’s Best Start Up Companies to Work for Over 100 Employees. For two years in a row, Axonius was ranked Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list as well as included on Inc. magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list. Axonius has been cited as the fastest growing cybersecurity company in history by revenue.
At Axonius we support a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe in equal employment opportunity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
By submitting your application to us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Global Job Candidate Privacy Notice.