Director Product Management (Commerce)
We’re building a new consumer brand to disrupt and redefine the workwear category. Starting in boots and apparel, BRUNT is on a mission to make the tools you wear. We have aspirations to build a large, successful business that will stand the test of time. We are well on our way.
Founder Eric Girouard has worked side-by-side with his buddies in the trades, obsessing over how to build a collection of products that makes real workers’ lives easier. BRUNT launched in September 2020 with a core selection of the most comfortable, yet functional workwear in the category, and the consumer reaction has exceeded all expectations.
BRUNT is seeking a smart, results-oriented, Director Product Management (Commerce) to optimize our eCommerce platform and drive best-in-class site merchandising strategy. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of expertise as a product owner on the Shopify platform and is a champion for the customer’s digital experience. BRUNT is a fast-growing DTC company that is breaking norms in the workwear industry - we’re looking for an innovative self-starter that is excited to drive strategy and get their hands dirty.
This role will work in close partnership with Growth and Retention leads, external partners, and cross-functional teams to deliver a seamless online experience for our customers and prospects. This will involve overseeing strategy on conversion rate optimization (CRO), site merchandising, UX/UI/design, platform functionality and the digital customer experience. Your expertise in Shopify will be crucial in enabling BRUNT to reach new levels of growth and profitability with both new and existing customers, and ensuring the seamless operation of our Shopify-based eCommerce platform. This right applicant for this role will be a relentless and accountable CRO professional, excited to weave eCommerce strategy through the Company as a collaborative team-player.
- Work in close partnership with Growth and Retention leads to architect a holistic end-to-end customer journey
- Build a comprehensive eCommerce strategy encompassing conversion rate optimization (CRO), site merchandising, UX/UI Design, and digital experience to drive revenue and profit opportunities for new and returning customers
- Oversee the planning, execution, and optimization of all online sales channels, leveraging relevant data and a deep understanding of online customer behavior
- Build, monitor, and analyze key performance indicators of eCommerce initiatives, regularly reporting out key metrics companywide and to leadership
- You will oversee the creation of strategic launch plans, sharp positioning, and robust competitive analyses
- Bring clarity and conciseness to product communications, ensuring messages are clear, straightforward, and focused on describing the value delivered across our digital footprint
- Serve as the in-house expert on Shopify, driving seamless functionality between our website and continuous optimization of Shopify systems
- Oversee the management and maintenance of our website, evaluating the current tech stack to see how it can be improved
- Develop A/B tests and data optimization strategies to improve conversion rates and own the site conversion funnel with the goal to boost revenue
- Analyze sales performance and customer data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for revenue growth
- Work in close collaboration with Growth and Retention leads to balance potentially competing requests, keeping a holistic approach to customer lifecycle management top of mind
- Effectively manage external agency partners for best in class, on time project delivery
- Align eCommerce strategy across the business, working cross functionally across creative, product, and marketing to seamlessly launch new product and prioritize work flows for maximum impact and revenue
- Manage a lean team, providing mentorship and promoting professional development with direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in eCommerce, with demonstrated success in driving revenue from eCommerce strategies
- Experience leading an eCommerce team and driving strategy for future departmental growth
- Operational and technical expertise in the Shopify platform, coupled with front end experience managing highly trafficked eCommerce websites
- Highly analytical with experience leveraging insights for data-driven decision making
- Extremely customer centric and hyper focused on translating a strong understanding of customer behavior to optimize conversion rates
- Strong ability to recognize creative that aligns with BRUNT’s brand ethos and will resonate with our customer
- Innovative and resourceful problem solver that thrives in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Experience successfully driving strategy across departments and obtaining buy-in from relevant stakeholders