We’re leading the way in redefining the workwear category. Our mission is to engineer better boots and apparel for our country’s tradesmen and women by working directly with real workers to learn what they actually need to execute their jobs.
The BRUNT team is not only devoted to improving on the old workwear standards, but we’re also creating a community that tradesmen and women can call their own. From our weekly hangouts at the BRUNT Garage, to hosting events across the country, we’re all about getting boots on the ground and building something real with the BRUNT crew.
What You’ll Do:
BRUNT is seeking a smart, results-oriented, and opportunistic Financial Analyst, Revenue & Margin. This role reports to the FP&A Manager and has huge growth potential, with the opportunity to work closely with senior leadership and gain insight into cross functional areas of the business within a high growth start-up environment and culture.
This will be a highly visible role where you will be responsible for bridging the forecast to actual results and ensuring contribution margin is on-plan and optimized. You’ll partner with stakeholders from different business groups to better understand differences to plan in revenue, gross margin, returns, discounts, and warehousing costs. This candidate should be highly curious with an understanding of basic accounting and financial principles.
How You’ll Do It:
- Collaborate with senior management to develop budgets and long-term financial plans based on market trends and business insights
- Monitor and analyze financial performance of: revenue, gross margin, returns, discounts, and warehousing costs
- Collaborate cross functionally to identify key variances across revenue and contribution margin, and ensure accuracy of data
- Participate in budget reviews, variance analysis, and reforecasting exercises as needed
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of financial data and reports
- Build and maintain complex financial models to support forecasting, planning, and decision-making processes
- Provide insights into financial performance, identifying trends and highlighting opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Collaborate with team members to disseminate financial data in a clear and comprehensible manner
- Assist in building and compiling analysis and presentations for quarterly board meetings and other investor materials
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis and provide financial support on various projects
- Actively contribute to the improvement of financial processes and procedures
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree, with concentration in finance or accounting preferred
- 1-3 year of experience in a financial analyst role
- Experience manipulating large amounts of data, with experience building financial models preferred
- Proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and Excel, highly capable in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly analytical thinker and proactive problem solver, excited to leverage data to inform decision making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience working cross functionally and presenting to senior leaders
- High level of ownership and ability to work autonomously
- Excels in a fast paced and high growth environment
- Able to commute to the office located in North Reading, Massachusetts 3x a week
At BRUNT, people come first. That’s why we support the whole employee.
This is how we do it:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k and retirement plan assistance
Health & Wellbeing
- Dental and Vision 100% covered by BRUNT
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Clear and transparent performance management process
- Understanding how you can level up at BRUNT
Culture and Community
- All-Hands meetings twice a year for the entire team to connect
- Flexible and collaborative work environment
- Thursdays social events with co-workers and community members
No matter what experience you have within our industry we encourage you to apply. At BRUNT, we believe that a strong crew is assembled with people from different backgrounds.
We look for individuals who thrive on challenges, will be passionate about our brand, and believe that teamwork is necessary for success. Show us how your experiences have shaped you and how you can contribute to BRUNT. We can’t wait to hear from you!