Customer Care Representative, PSA (Onsite)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a PSA Customer Care Representative to join our PSA Customer Care team to provide world class customer care to our customers around the world.
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party trading card authentication and grading company in the world. Since its inception in 1991, PSA has certified over 40 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars.
You’ll answer customer inquiries for Collectors supporting PSA. As a Customer Care Representative, you will provide service information while resolving customer concerns over the phone, through email, on social media, through Live Chat, on Collectors message boards and in person when needed.
You'll report to the PSA Customer Care Manager and work full-time onsite 5 days a week from our Jersey City, NJ office.
What You Will Do:
- Provide timely responses to customer inquiries over the phone while meeting standard call center metrics
- Respond and resolve concerns received from customers via written correspondence, email, social media, Live Chat and through Collectors message boards
- Inform prospective and existing customers of company services, memberships, procedures, policies, and promotions
- Sell and place orders for memberships and supplies
- Research and resolve complaints or issues according to company policies and procedures
- Make calls to follow up on questions, complaints and issues
- Participate in outbound call campaigns to retain and engage customers
- Attend trade shows as company representative to assist in order processing with submissions (optional)
- Provide general office support
- Representatives will strive to earn praise from customers regarding the high quality care they provide via email, written correspondence, Live Chat and social media in particular.
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred and/or 2+ years customer service/hospitality/retail experience
- Fluent in English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence.
- Fluency in other written and spoken languages is a plus.
- Google Docs, Ring Central, Zendesk, Slack preferred
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within our particular field
- Ability to understand and relay company policies and procedures
- Excellent oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Responds to customer letters, emails, social media posts, Live Chat and message board posts in a professional, clear manner
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments, earns praise from customers
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations
- Bending neck
- Hand Use
Hourly Rate: The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $17. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.