Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team to assist the Accounting department with the fast paced month end closing process in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as US GAAP. Job duties include, but not limited to, preparation and input of standard monthly journal entries, record and maintain fixed assets, bank reconciliations, general ledger account reconciliations, record company credit card transactions, and other duties as assigned.
You’ll report to the Accounting Manager and work from our Santa Ana, CA office. After training is complete, a hybrid schedule will be an option.
What You'll Do:
- Perform month-end financial close responsibilities by generating standard monthly journal entries, generating appropriate accruals, researching variances, as well as assist with other month end closing process
- Perform general bookkeeping and maintaining accurate company records for all financial transactions
- Perform daily banking duties, sales order posting, monthly general ledger and bank account reconciliations
- Meet month-end financial close deadlines and reporting deadlines
- Verify and/or complete payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensure payments are charged to the appropriate accounts
- Interfacing with Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) department and external auditors as needed
- Perform ad hoc analysis and other related duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Understanding of GAAP accounting concepts and revenue recognition
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Organized, problem solver, flexible and able to prioritize
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Navision, Blackline, and Netsuite experience preferred
- Experience with Google Suite preferred
The hourly range for this position is $24-$38. Entry level operations positions generally start at an hourly rate of $17. Actual compensation in this range will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.