Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Our Shared Services team is building modern cloud based applications, integrations, stream processing, AI & ML based solutions. They are a highly-technical project team, focused on revamping our architecture & building microservices.
This team is working on some of the most cutting-edge technical projects within our Collectors, much of which will serve as the basis of expanded offerings for our customers. These projects include digital grading, value estimation, and recommendations for our marketplace customers.
We're looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer that is ambitious, quick to learn, practical and outcomes driven. We value people who can quickly obtain a deep technical understanding of new domains, and enjoy working highly independently to solve our most important problems. Some of the nearest term projects they work on will entail using machine vision to drive digital grading, and building of ML models for card value estimation and recommendations.
You’ll report to the Director of Engineering, Machine Learning and work from any of our US offices (Santa Ana, CA; Bellevue, WA; or Jersey City, NJ). Remote or hybrid candidates will also be considered. We believe that there is significant value in in-person collaboration. If you live within a 1 hour commuting distance to one of our offices, you will be required to be onsite most of the time. This will be discussed further as part of the recruiting process.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build machine learning models to solve classification, regression, and machine vision problems
- Perform hyper-parameter tuning for existing ML models
- Implement production ready pipelines for ML prediction and training
- Perform principal component analysis, re-balancing, outlier detection for large data sets
- Optimize prediction performance for existing ML models
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field (Master's degree is a plus)
- 4+ years of dedicated experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks and libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, JAX, scikit-learn)
- Experience building and deploying end-to-end ML applications within a Kubernetes environment is a must
- Ability to write robust code in Python (experience with Go is a plus)
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, probability statistics, and algorithms
- Experience building computer vision, image recognition, and NLP models using neural networks and transformers
- Understanding of Generative AI and it’s applications
- Experience with Random Forest and Gradient Boosting Machines (LightGBM, XGBoost, CatBoost)
- Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively within a remote team
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $127,876 - $207,611. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Reasons To Join Us
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.