Security Officer - Corporate HQ
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Security Officer to join our Corporate Security team to help protect Collector’s personnel, property, and profits through detection, deterrence, and denial of unauthorized individuals, all while maintaining a secure environment and preserving the integrity of the company’s facilities and reputation. Our Security vigilance protects Collectors from exposure, damage to reputation and theft.
You’ll report to the Security Manager and work from our Santa Ana, CA headquarters. A valid California state BSIS Guard Card is required for this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintain organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Contribute to security team’s effort by accomplishing related duties as assigned
- Make timely decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Sustain effective relationships with customers and the client
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Respond to emergency situations to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, patrolling premises regularly
Who You Are:
- At least 6 months of security experience required, preferably in a corporate environment
- You are able to clearly communicate with a variety of individuals, both written and verbal. Bilingual is a plus.
- You are able to analyze and use logic and reasoning to understand how a problem should be approached.
- You are attentive to the reactions of others, reading body language well
- You have basic knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- You have great active listening skills, foster trusting interpersonal relationships and you work well with others.
- Lift, carry, pull, and push boxes 65-70lbs or more
- Load, transport, and unload boxes
Experience / Certifications
- Valid BSIS Guard Card (required)
- Previous security experience preferred
- High school graduate (required)
- Reserve/Former military (preferred)
- Police Officer experience (preferred)
The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $18.50. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation9
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.