Human Resources Specialist
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Human Resources Specialist to join our People Operations team to support the creation, delivery and effectiveness of HR processes across the employee lifecycle. As a member of our newly-redefined team, you are excited by new challenges and embrace opportunities to solve problems. You will provide an exceptional customer experience for all stakeholders from onboarding through offboarding as one of our key representatives for day-to-day HR inquiries. You will use your domain expertise in California employment law and HR best practices to provide informed and compliant frontline support to employees.
You’ll report to the Director of People Operations and work onsite from our Santa Ana, California office.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a point of contact for employees and managers both in person and via our shared email inbox for all their HR-related needs, including but not limited to: onboarding, job/status changes, offboarding, workers compensation, and workplace safety, including COVID-19 illness protocols
- Collaborate with partner teams across People to ensure fundamental HR services and day-to-day operations are smoothly delivered, including assigning inquiries to the appropriate functional teams
- Ensure ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; regularly review policies and practices to maintain compliance and reduce legal risks
- Understand and interpret company policies and procedures to answer employee questions
- Execute HRIS tasks and transactions, ensuring changes flow appropriately throughout our systems to support data integrity and compliance
- Maintain and update employee policies and data, including but not limited to: employee records, I-9 verification documents, and benefits and leave data
- Manage contingent worker agency engagements and tracking of existing contingent workers, including full-time conversion eligibility
- Navigate through ambiguity to help create processes and solve new problems as the organization evolves
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of progressive HR experience in a high-growth setting; strong preference for experience working in production-based or startup companies
- Understanding of federal and California employment laws, either through certification or direct experience
- HRIS experience (Workday preferred)
- Excellent organization and administration skills with high attention to detail
- Strong customer service and stakeholder management experience
- Collaborative, helpful team player and employee advocate
- Curious self-starter with a growth mindset; you see new challenges as opportunities to learn and build
- Operational-minded with a focus on efficiency, effectiveness, and clarity
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or a related business concentration
Hourly Range: The hourly range for this position is $21 - $34. Actual compensation in this range will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.