Continuous Improvement Lead
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Continuous Improvement Lead to join our growing Continuous Improvement team. As a Continuous Improvement Lead you will be spearheading operational improvement efforts and leading set up & documentation of new operational procedures for all Collectors sites. You will be partnering with teams across all operational functions, including the learning team, engineering, procurement and operational experts at all levels. Additionally you will serve as an operational liaison for departments across Collectors business functions and third party vendors.
You’ll report to the Continuous Improvement Manager and work onsite from our Jersey City, New Jersey office with occasional travel (3-4 times per year).
What You’ll Do:
- Defining clear, well articulated and well documented project plans for new process implementations
- Delegates tasks, creates timelines, schedules and deadlines for each step of a project through completion.
- Planning, facilitating, and executing continuous improvement events using Lean Six Sigma tools
- Identify gaps in system functionality and work with product management to enhance our products
- Coordinate a team of colleagues to ensure they consistently deliver outstanding service to all contributors and internal customers.
- Attentively develop and monitor team performance. Provide constructive feedback on team members opportunities and strengths.
- Keeps an open line of communication with team members and project stakeholders while succinctly making complex concepts easy to understand for all.
- Lead by example and be a champion of all company policies, including safety, attendance & security
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of demonstrating strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- 3+ years of demonstrating excellent data analysis with strong computer skills
- 1-2 years of management experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of process enhancement strategies
- Sharp eye for identifying weak points in processes and organizational structures
- Strong attention to detail with a strategic and analytical mindset
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Passionate about developing teammates skills
- Dynamic thinking and strong problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides & Monday.com, proficiency in LucidCharts preferred
The hourly range for this position is $27-$37. Entry level operations positions generally start at an hourly rate of $17. Actual compensation in this range will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.