Quality Control Supervisor
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re currently looking for a Quality Control Supervisor to join our team. This role will be responsible for assisting in overseeing the quality control department, making sure the team works with efficiency, and to ensure quality standards and departmental standards are met.
You’ll report to the Post-Grading Operations Manager and work from our Jersey City, New Jersey office.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain a safe work environment and serve as the first point of contact for incidents, injuries, and/or safety concerns.
- Manage the staffing and training of the quality control department
- Monitor staff quality, productivity, and assign tasks as needed
- Create and maintain departmental structure, morale and a sense of team
- Develop production goals and ensure that goals are met
- Develop staff skills and create a rewarding and fulfilling work environment
- Create effective solutions for issues that arise within the department
- Maintain accurate records of production
- Ensure proper procedures are followed and devise techniques to improve team efficiency
- Implement improvements to keep error percentage to a minimum
- Act as a knowledgeable and accessible resource for team members
- Interact with our third-party partners when necessary
Who You Are:
- 2+ of Quality and/or leadership experience
- 1+ years of experience leading a team in a warehouse environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, including an ability to understand and relay company policies/procedures
- Dependable and personable team player who works well with both internal and external stakeholders
- Data-driven problem solver with an understanding of general business implications of decisions
- Comfortable multitasking and prioritizing a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment with little room for error
- Strong project management and planning/organizational skills and the ability to develop and execute realistic action plans
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $57,920 - $94,035. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.