Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We're looking for a Facilities Assistant who will assist the company with maintaining an organized, functional, and secure warehouse and building.
This position is based in our Jersey City, NJ office and will report to the Senior Workplace Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist existing staff to perform various general building maintenance and custodial tasks.
- Coordinate and escort outside services and vendors to complete onsite repairs, maintenance, and janitorial tasks.
- Monitor progress of ongoing facility-related projects and repairs.
- Assist with receiving and delivering packages to various departments.
- Move boxes, pallets, equipment, and other items as needed.
- Assemble, install, and move furniture, including storage racks.
- Respond to tickets and requests from other departments.
- Be able to identify safety risks such as spills and tripping hazards.
- Assist the Workplace Coordinator with tasks as needed.
- Able to perform special job assignments outside the normal work scope.
Experience / Skills:
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, problem solver, flexible and able to prioritize.
- General knowledge of facilities maintenance.
- Able to assemble furniture.
- Able to carry 25lbs.
- Set up and tear down of events.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Must have basic computer skills and comfortable using Google products (Gmail/Google Docs/Google Sheets/Sites)
- Knowledge of Zendesk
- Having basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, hvac.
Hourly Rate: The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $20. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.