Senior Technical Program Manager, Scaled Agile Transformation
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re transforming the collecting experience with technology that brings authentication, grading, and trading into the modern era. Our products are equalizing the playing field by providing tools that make complex research analytics — including pricing, scarcity reports, and historic sales data — accessible to every collector, old or new. Our engineering mission is to democratize technology while promoting innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning throughout the organization. We're seeking engineers to utilize advanced technology in agile settings, with a focus on improving the customer experience for every collector.
Our Product and Design teams are helping to create a seamless user experience across various platforms to provide the most trusted services and delightful experiences for grading, protecting, managing, buying, selling, and sharing collectibles. Our grading operation processes millions of collectibles a year and serves as a research hub for collectors across collectible categories. By leading the standards in the collectibles industry, we have earned customer trust that we can leverage across our expanding product offerings such as Vault and Goldin Marketplace.
We are building world class, cutting edge experiences for collectors of all levels of experience. We want to help all collectors pursue their passion—from identifying cards to building a collection to verifying a cert and knowing how much it's worth, and so much more—we have so many exciting things to deliver.
We are looking for someone to wear hats across Technical Program Management and Agile Transformation who is ambitious but practical, deals well with ambiguity, is scrappy and detail oriented and loves partnering across teams to create awesome experiences for our customers. You will help drive our customer-facing experiences and technical operations to the next level and enable our teams to innovate. You’ll partner with engineering, design, product owners and other stakeholders in a multidisciplinary function to bring transparency and excitement to deliverables as well as efficient cross team working processes. You’ll be an integral part of our teams as we work to create delightful experiences for our customers and influence our organization towards scaled agile best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaboratively partner with other teams (Engineering, Design, Product, Business stakeholders, etc.) in the product development lifecycle to shape and prioritize product plans that solve customer problems in ways that deliver on company goals
- Provide best-in-class communications about project inception, milestones, and deliverables to stakeholders
- Combine superior communication skills with the analytical horsepower to break down complex, ambiguous problems and possess a strong will to be resourceful and get stuff done
- Contribute to the strategic roadmap prioritization processes with key stakeholders and deliver success management with multiple stakeholders
- Support our developer operations environment so we can continue to create new businesses and migrate existing ones, scaling our businesses across the globe to new heights
- Understand the customer and advocate for them
- Develop and share scaled agile best practices with a rapidly growing organization.
- Guide various levels of product and technology resources through a transformation to scaled agile.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of product management and/or technical program management experience in a modern product or engineering organization operating in a scaled agile environment.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle in relation to scaled agile best practices required; ideal to have experience working with teams through an agile transformation.
- Experienced with leading Agile/Scrum methodologies and experience with Jira or other agile work management softwares
- Experienced in program management practices including coordinating dependencies across teams and reporting on milestones, outcomes, and blockers, and leading successful releases/deployments across complex initiatives
- Experience rallying teams around shared goals and finding and exploiting new ways to increase efficiency
- Ability to excel and deliver clear impact despite competing priorities and ambiguity
- Focused on delivering value for customers
- Desire to develop and implement new strategies at an organizational level
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $114,750 - $155,250. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off.
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.