Training Specialist, Customer Care
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Collectors is seeking a Training Specialist to join the Customer Care team, and assist the team with training-related needs. This includes the ability to organize, plan, document, and execute training sessions for all employees. As a Training Specialist, you will work with people from various departments within Collectors; from Operations to Customer Care, assist the Customer Care team members that may need training or retraining. You will provide education and preparation for both existing and new staff and work directly with management to maintain consistency of the training content.
This position will report to the Customer Care Training Supervisor and work at our Santa Ana, CA office headquarters.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist training in all key areas of the Customer Care department that may have training needs. Training will be delivered to new hires, temporary employees, and existing employees in Customer Care.
- Focus on building annual programs and preparing teaching plans for all employees.
- Support with onboarding and training new hires and temporary employees for Customer Care.
- Communicate with team members, fellow trainers, technical writers, and the Training Manager to ensure all needs are met.
- Identify future training needs and create a curriculum, with the Customer Care Training Supevisor’s guidance to facilitate training.
- Improve policies, procedures, and processes through the identification of opportunities for improvement from defined issues considering current procedures; recommend and implement optimal solutions; measure observed improvements, draft documents and reports within Customer Care.
Who You Are:
- B.S. or B.A. preferred
- 2-4+ years of experience in a training environment required.
- Fluent in English with the ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to other employees of the organization at multiple levels of employment/management.
- Attendance must be reliable, and you must be flexible to occasionally cater to later shifts.
- Strong computer skills (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Slides, etc.).
- Proven work experience training others.
- Proven experience in designing training events in a corporate setting, including technical writing skills (writing manuals).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.)
- Strong planning, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to stay organized and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and time management skills.
- Bending neck
- Hand Use
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Carrying up to 25 lbs
Hourly Rate: The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $21. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.