Business Analyst (PSA)
Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes a collectibles marketplace leader in Goldin Auctions as well as third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We are hiring a Business + Data Analyst to join PSA, and work directly with our autograph and memorabilia division, PSA/DNA, as well as support our authentication grading businesses for Tickets and Unopened Packs. This is a high impact role that will have exposure to senior management, executive leadership, and all aspects of the business operations. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker with a bias for action, and is equal parts analytical, strategic, and entrepreneurial. Intellectual curiosity is a must, working with large quantities of data and financial statements is critical, and experience interpreting data and creating reports, dashboards and other visualizations to inform business decisions is a bonus. .
This role will report to the General Manager, PSA/DNA, Tickets and Packs. The ideal candidate will be local to either our Santa Ana, CA or Jersey City, NJ headquarters with a hybrid work schedule of 3 days onsite per week.
What you’ll do:
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform operational initiatives including pricing, unit economics, and more
- Analyze and interpret large volumes of data to help inform and communicate business strategy
- Create weekly / monthly reports, dashboards, financial analysis and presentations for leadership team to drive business decisions
- Evaluate new business opportunities from a strategic and financial perspective
- Work cross-functionally with key business partners in operations, sales, product and tech, finance to design and implement new processes and initiatives
- Conduct research on market trends, the competitive landscape, and new technologies / market entrants
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role (venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, corporate strategy, etc.)
- 2+ years in a field related to Business Analysis / Data Analysis
- Strong financial acumen; experienced in financial modeling and unit economic analyses; experience in legal documentation / negotiation a bonus
- Extremely detail-oriented and can explain large amounts of information in a simple, organized manner
- Familiarity with Tableau, Lightdash and other BI systems and tools
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to use the Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and natural problem solver that excels in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Capable of simplifying complex problems and coming up with creative solutions
- Intellectually curious and excited to personally grow and learn
The salary range for this position is $82,743-$134,336. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off.
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.