Staff Software Engineer-Mobile
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re transforming the collecting experience with technology that brings authentication, grading, and trading into the modern era. Our products are equalizing the playing field by providing tools that make complex research analytics — including pricing, scarcity reports, and historic sales data — accessible to every collector, old or new. Our engineering mission is to democratize technology while promoting innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning throughout the organization. We're seeking engineers to utilize advanced technology in agile settings, with a focus on improving the customer experience for every collector.
This role will be a part of the team working on My Collection and Set Registry features to enhance Collectors Experiences. You’ll report to the Director of Engineering working out of one of our locations or remote*. Your responsibilities will include building native experiences and additional mobile app features on multi-platform applications for Android and iOS.
*Remote or hybrid candidates will be considered. We believe that there is significant value in in-person collaboration. If you live within a 1 hour commuting distance to one of our offices, you will be required to be onsite most of the time. This will be discussed further as part of the recruiting process.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and develop new mobile app features to support mobile functionality
- Use Flutter development framework and tools like Dart.
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability and deployment
- Provide feedback pertaining to technical designs, proposals and code
- Analyze existing applications / databases and identify areas for improvement
- Design and contribute to APIs that can support user experiences on web, mobile and native applications
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders across design and product teams
- Provide technical leadership for multiple mobile application projects
- Establish best practices and code guidelines
- Use and adapt existing web applications for apps.
- Design solutions taking into account scalability, availability, reliability, security and performance
- Work closely with team members to constantly innovate app functionality and design
Who you are:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience building native mobile applications
- 3+ years of experience with Flutter and Dart
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications
- Front end or Full Stack Web app development experience with React
- Expertise with design principles
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment and greenfield development
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$210,000. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.