General Manager of Operations (Vault)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We are seeking an exceptional General Manager Of Operations to oversee the daily operations of our high-end collectibles site. As the GM of the building, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of our facility, which houses and sells valuable collectibles.
This role will report directly to the VP, Fulfillment Operations and work from our New Castle, Delaware office.
What You’ll Do:
- Operations Oversight: Provide strategic direction and oversee all operational aspects of the facility. Develop and enforce operational policies and procedures to optimize workflows, inventory management, and logistics, ensuring the efficient handling and storage of collectibles.
- Team Leadership: Build and lead a highly skilled and dedicated team, including operations staff and support staff. Foster a positive work environment, promoting teamwork, professional growth, and a strong commitment to the organization's mission.
- Inventory Management: Oversee the warehouse management system (Korber), ensuring accurate tracking, cataloging, and documentation of collectibles. Implement measures to prevent loss, damage, or theft, and conduct regular audits to maintain inventory integrity.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimization, technology integration, and innovation to enhance operational quality and efficiency. Stay informed about advancements in collection management systems and related technologies.
- Serve as the operations liaison for cross-functional stakeholders (product / engineering, customer service, business development, etc.).
- P&L responsibility for variable costs of operational activities.
- Own quality of service, and employee engagement KPIs.
- Develop and manage comprehensive training programs that cater to both existing and upcoming recruits.
- Lead by example and be a champion of all company policies, including safety, attendance & security
- 10+ Years of proven experience in managing operations. High-end collectibles industry or similar fields a plus.
- Strong understanding of operations management principles, including supply chain management, quality control, and process improvement.
- The ability to use data to hold teams accountable for SLA’s and overall performance standards.
- Experience in strategic planning, setting goals, and implementing operational excellence.
- 10+ years experience using a (WMS) Warehouse Management Systems.
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills, with a proven ability to manage managers and motivate teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with a strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify issues and develop effective solutions.
- Customer centric approach to operations leadership. Demonstrated track record of delivering superior customer experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in managing through uncertainty and a dynamic, changing environment. Comfortable working with insufficient or imperfect information.
- Excellent data skills that drive the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience or interest in trading cards is a bonus!
The salary range for this position is $94,027-$152,655. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.