Photography Supervisor (PCGS)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Photography Supervisor to join our Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) team to photograph and image coins with exacting standards of our clientele and our numismatic experts. This work will be repetitive, will require focus, and will involve working closely with a small team. This work will also involve working with some of the greatest treasures of American and World history.
You’ll report to the PCGS Operations Manager and work from our Santa Ana office with occasional domestic travel.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce photographs of coins in accordance with industry standards as established by lead photographer
- Produce photographs to the satisfaction of our exacting clientele
- Use specialized photography and studio lighting techniques for in-house marketing projects
- Utilize in-house photographic processes established by lead photographer and software developers
- Implement new and improve upon existing systems
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience in product photography
- 2+ years of management experience
- Must have knowledge of Canon EOS system, lightning, and other manual photographic techniques
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must understand and relay company policies and procedures
- Ability to exhibit creativity and flexibility when appropriate
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals and deliver products in a timely manner.
- Sitting and Standing for extended period of time
- Inspect and Receive submissions
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$95,000. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.