Software Engineer, Backend (Shared Services)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re transforming the collecting experience with technology that brings authentication, grading, and trading into the modern era. Our products are equalizing the playing field by providing tools that make complex research analytics — including pricing, scarcity reports, and historic sales data — accessible to every collector, old or new. Our engineering mission is to democratize technology while promoting innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning throughout the organization. We're seeking engineers to utilize advanced technology in agile settings, with a focus on improving the customer experience for every collector.
Our Shared Services team is responsible for building modern cloud based applications, integrations (APIs and asynchronous), AI/ML based services, and scalable architectures that power software solutions across the organization. As a member of this team, your day-to-day work will be focused on building new capabilities for all other engineering teams, along with modernizing existing application architectures.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Collectors Vault/CORE team to build robust & scalable backend applications that power delightful experiences for our collectors. You will be on the forefront of powering our digital transformation and have a wide impact. You will help evolve legacy applications and elevate our backend architecture to provide a platform upon which we can build innovative and value-added services for both external and internal customers.
You’ll report to the Director of Software Engineering and work from one of our many great offices in Santa Ana, CA, NYC, or Washington. Remote or hybrid candidates will also be considered. We believe that there is significant value in in-person collaboration. If you live within a 1 hour commuting distance to one of our offices, you will be required to be onsite most of the time. This will be discussed further as part of the recruiting process.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate across the entire software development lifecycle, taking features from concept to production release
- Solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions while adhering to coding and architectural standards
- Troubleshoot software issues and debug a large codebase
- Develop and execute unit and integration tests
- Contribute to technical documentation to increase maintainability of software assets
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of software engineering industry experience building backend software, with exposure to microservices, event-driven architectures, and REST APIs.
- 2+ years experience/strong proficiency with Java (preferred) or other languages such as C#, Python, Ruby, or Scala.
- Strong fundamentals working with databases - relational & NoSQL.
- Exposure to building applications in the cloud (we use AWS)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Possess strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills with the ability to visualize and document processes
- Knowledgeable about algorithms, data structures and best practices
- Understanding of how to create modular and extensible APIs
- Proficient at using appropriate security, testing, documentation, and/or monitoring best practices
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $107,642 - $174,759. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.