Claims Representative, Customer Relations
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Claims Representative to join our Collectors Claims team, providing essential assistance to our customers during their times of need. Our team's core responsibility revolves around efficiently handling claims for customers who may have encountered damage or loss of their items during their return journey.
In this role, your primary emphasis will be serving as the central liaison for our customers whenever they must navigate the complexities of a claim related to their collectibles. Your key responsibilities will involve guiding customers through the claims process through effective communication via both phone and email.
You’ll report to the Claims Manager and work from our Santa Ana office.
What You’ll Do:
- Receive and review insurance claims submitted by customers.
- Assess coverage, liability and determine the validity of the claim.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of claim activities, correspondence and decisions.
- Communicate with customers in a concise and professional manner.
- Provide timely updates on the status of claims.
- Ensure fair and equitable settlements within policy limits.
- Provide exceptional customer service by addressing inquiries and concerns.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to process and advance claims forward in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information to our customers by using the department protocols.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in teams.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage time while prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite Products.
- Knowledge of SalesForce would be an asset.
- Twisting neck
- Hand Use
The reasonable estimated hourly range for this position is $20.50-$23. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.