People Operations Manager
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re seeking a Human Resources Manager to lead our People Operations team in the creation, delivery and effectiveness of HR processes across the employee lifecycle. Our team’s mission is to create an environment where employees feel supported, engaged, included and empowered to contribute their best work to the organization by providing consistent and high-quality People services that support the organization's strategic objectives, while ensuring compliance, efficiency, and a positive employee experience. In this high-impact position, you will guide our People Operations Coordinators and Specialists to provide an exceptional customer experience for all stakeholders from onboarding through offboarding and serve as one of our key representatives for day-to-day HR inquiries. As the leader of this function, you'll have the unique opportunity to establish and influence the direction of our team, meaningfully impacting our organizational success. In partnership with our People Operations Program Managers, you will use your HR subject matter expertise to recommend solutions and streamline workflows to ensure efficiency and compliance. Our established presence since 1986 is a testament to our success, but the journey doesn't end here – we are on the cusp of transformative growth and change which comes with tremendous opportunity to serve our dynamic organization.
You’ll report to the Director of People Operations and work onsite from our Santa Ana, California office.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, teach, and coach the People Operations Team, fostering a culture of growth, continuous learning and excellence
- Ensure People Operations team is adequately staffed and utilized to support business growth, establishing and track metrics to assess effectiveness and efficiency of team performance
- Partner with People Operations Program Managers to create enablement resources and trainings for the team to execute daily tasks and longer term projects
- Collaborate with partner teams across People to ensure fundamental HR services and day-to-day operations are smoothly delivered
- Be a go-to person for employees and managers for all their HR-related needs, including but not limited to: onboarding, job/status changes, offboarding, workers compensation, employee records, workplace safety including COVID illness protocols and OSHA reporting
- Use your domain expertise in California employment law and HR best practices to improve, implement and maintain compliant and scalable HR policies in partnership with People and Legal stakeholders
- Oversee team execution of HRIS tasks and transactions, ensuring changes flow appropriately throughout our systems to support data integrity and compliance
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years of progressive HR experience in a high-growth setting; strong preference for experience working in production-based or startup companies
- You are passionate about managing and developing emerging HR talent
- You are excited about partnering across the People Team and Business to achieve meaningful results as part of a cross-functional working team
- You are driven by a sense of accountability, including assuming ownership for achieving personal results and collective team goals
- You have experience and proven ability to “roll up your sleeves” and prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment
- You are a systems thinker with demonstrated experience leading significant change processes effectively and efficiently, both in the short-term and long-term for an outcome over time (HRIS system required, Workday preferred)
- You have subject matter expertise in federal and California employment laws, either through certification or direct experience
- You have excellent organization and administration skills with high attention to detail
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (HR certification preferred)
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $86,053 - $112,882. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.