Client Services Associate
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Client Services Associate to join our Customer Care team to provide world class customer care to our customers around the world. This role will work directly with customers in person to assist with drop off orders for PSA, PCGS, PSA/DNA, and WATA. They will help shepherd through those orders keeping the customer abreast of any issues that happen along the way up through order fulfillment and pickup. They will also assist with employee submissions as well. Associates will assist with general customer care emails and order assistance during downtime.
You’ll report to our Customer Care Manager and work from our Santa Ana, CA office headquarters.
What You'll Do:
- Inform prospective and existing customers of company services, memberships, procedures, policies, and promotions
- Schedule drop offs with customers to allow there to be an organized flow of customers and products to the Collectors facility
- Work with Security and/or Sales if there is a high value submission taking place
- Attend to onsite VIP submitters to ensure a first class guest experience
- Assist with inquiries on orders and pricing with customers at drop off while ensuring all submission forms are accurately filled out, items properly handled, and orders delivered to the Receiving department for order entry
- Work with Logistics, Operations, Customer Care, Sales, CRC, Problem Orders Results, and Shipping to assist with any customer issues, including but not limited to resolving submission form errors, address or shipping updates, and order status inquiries
- Work with Finance on any issues with payment processing
- Research and resolve complaints or issues according to company policies and procedures
- Make calls to follow up on questions, complaints and issues
- Alert Marketing to opportunities to tell success stories from collectors, interview them, get photos for social media, etc.
- Schedule pickups with customers and insure a smooth transaction during those pickups
- Be able to answer questions on the outcome of the submissions
- Assist with Customer Care emails and general inquiries during down time
- Attend trade shows as company representative to assist in order processing with submissions (optional)
- Representatives will strive to earn praise from customers regarding the high quality care they provide via email, written correspondence, Live Chat and social media in particular
- Representatives will be responsible for keeping their workspace and visitor waiting area tidy and well-stocked with necessary supplies
- Organize and manage the pickup room daily, including but not limited to making calls to dealers/customers in advance of end of week or end of quarter to coordinate timely pickups
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred and/or 4+ years Customer Care/hospitality experience
- Ability to understand and relay company policies and procedures
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within our particular field
- Communicates clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Problem solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations
- Representation - Positively represent the company at all times
- Be versed in the following computer programs: Navision, Grading System Manifesting/Order Processing, Zendesk, Ring Central, Slack and Google Docs
- Attention to detail is critical in this role with representative exhibiting solid problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well with a cross section of the Collectors Team
- Bending neck
- Hand Use
The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $19-$21. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.