Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Benefits Coordinator to join our Benefits team to continually enhance our employee support and benefit offerings for our employees. This role will assist with onboarding employees into our benefit programs and be an important piece for Open Enrollment. Your responsibility with this role includes administration of Collectors’ Health & Welfare benefits of medical, dental, vision, life, disability, fertility, and other miscellaneous benefits, our 401(k) plan, and leave of absence. Our longer-term projects include enhancing our mental health and short-term disability programs and launching our adoption and surrogacy program.
You’ll collaborate with our internal departments, such as People Operations, Payroll, Legal, Accounting, IT, Employee Relations, and Talent Acquisition departments on various tasks, projects, and complex problems. You’ll establish a key relationship with our brokers and vendors to escalate employee inquiries, complete compliance needs, and help with changes or enhancements to our benefit plans. Insert additional detail about the role.
You’ll report to the Benefits Manager and work from our Santa Ana office. Remote or hybrid candidates may also be considered. We believe that there is significant value in in-person collaboration. If you live within a 1 hour commuting distance to one of our offices, you will be required to be onsite most of the time. This will be discussed further as part of the recruiting process.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer all benefits and retirement programs including medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, life and AD&D, STD/LTD, 401(k), fertility, and other voluntary benefits.
- Administer all leave of absence programs, including FMLA, CFRA, and Parental Leave, as well as partnering with the Benefits Manager and HRBPs on complex LOA cases and ADA accommodation requests.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with different business groups including leadership, peers, employees, and our vendors.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to our employees for all benefit and leave of absence questions.
- Escalating all complex benefits and LOA concerns to the Benefits Manager or vendors as needed.
- High level attention to detail, auditing, and working to correct any issues.
- Attending and contributing to various team meetings and vendor meetings.
- Enhancing existing benefit documents and processes to align with new procedures.
- Creating ad-hoc documents and spreadsheets for enhanced procedures and auditing complex benefits/LOA concerns.
- Coordinating and assisting with the launch of our annual Open Enrollment.
- Supporting continued growth and development for existing and emerging benefits.
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of professional experience, with Benefits experience or Bachelors Degree strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and auditing.
- Analytical problem solver that enjoys solving complex issues.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with different groups including leadership, employees, Benefits Brokers, third party administrators, and auditors.
- Employee friendly orientation with desire to help employees understand and utilize our Benefits.
- Exercises discretion, judgment, and confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and efficiently to meet required deadlines.
- Enjoys a collaborative work environment to partner with peers, leaders, and vendors to continue to enhance our benefit offerings.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Workday.
Hourly Range: The hourly range for this position is $27 - $37. Actual compensation in this range will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.