Custodial Lead (PM Shift)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry-leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry. The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We're looking for a full-time Custodial Lead to supervise the nighttime custodial team in maintaining a clean, organized, and safe NJ facility for the evening shift. This is a hands-on supervisor role that will support a facility with over 150 people in a light industrial environment.
This position is based in our Jersey City, NJ office headquarters with a shift time of 3:00pm-11:30pm and will report to the Senior Workplace Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct nightly cleaning and maintenance duties to ensure the space stays clean, functional and ready for the next day of business
- Coordinate and schedule the work of the evening custodial team, developing team schedules and SOPs to get the job done
- Assist in the completion of maintenance work orders and oversee external vendors performing tasks in the office space
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks
- Assist in setup and breakdown of events and meetings
- Operate within the Collector's best practices and SOPs
- Interact and develop relationships with building services
- Following all applicable rules and regulations concerning the facility
- Utilize technology systems to track, log and request work orders
- Use clear and organized methods of communication in all aspects of the role
- Assists others with complex tasks.
- Lead by example and be a champion of all company policies, including safety, attendance & security.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of janitorial experience, especially within an industrial or large office setting
- Experience leading a janitorial team is a plus but not required
- Comfortable using email and ticketing systems such as G-suite and Zendesk
- Self-starter with a bias for action, especially in situations with limited information and ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Eagerness to learn
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) a plus
- Ability to stand/walk for shifts up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift/maneuver up to 50lbs
- Intermittent bending and squatting
- Hand Use for shifts up to 8 hours per day
- Working around equipment & machinery
- Exposure to excessive noise
Hourly Range: The hourly range for this position is $20-$30. Actual compensation in this range will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.