Staff Software Engineer, Back-end (PCGS)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re transforming the collecting experience with technology that brings authentication, grading, and trading into the modern era. Our products are equalizing the playing field by providing tools that make complex research analytics — including pricing, scarcity reports, and historic sales data — accessible to every collector, old or new. Our engineering mission is to democratize technology while promoting innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning throughout the organization. We're seeking engineers to utilize advanced technology in agile settings, with a focus on improving the customer experience for every collector.
Collectors Experiences: Our Collectors Experience team is enhancing an entirely virtual and digital Collectors ecosystem. We’re delivering a unified, end-to-end experience across all our brands, from grading submissions to marketplace (Goldin) serving millions of collectors and investors worldwide.
PCGS has been the standard for decades, having seen multiple record-setting and high-value collectibles. Now, this team is at the helm of digitally transforming the coin and banknote collecting experience. We are seeking a Staff Software engineer to join a new product line, focused on modernizing and renovating the PCGS business. The focus for this role will be on the back-end to drive high impact and innovative solutions and enhancements to scale. As a founding member, you will be digitizing and transforming existing products and customer interactions, as well as supporting the next generation of customers and products in coin and banknote collecting.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the design and development of new cloud-based (AWS) software architectures
- Explore and implement the latest technologies and trends, assessing the potential impact to further introduce improvements and integrations
- Influence without authority to own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability and deployment
- Design and contribute to APIs that can support user experiences on web and mobile applications
- Provide feedback pertaining to technical designs, proposals and code
- Analyze existing applications / databases and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with and mentor engineers while also conducting code reviews to ensure consistent design patterns are being applied
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience building web applications, APIs, scalable and distributed systems
- Fluent in Python, C#, Java, or another object-oriented language, and not afraid to take on other new technologies. Python fluency preferred.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with cloud technology especially with serverless computing, and event driven architecture. AWS-cloud experience required.
- Familiar with client-side frameworks, such as Next.js or React, and/or delivering consumer-facing digital experiences
- Experience with service-oriented and microservice architectures
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Proficient at using appropriate security, testing, documentation, and/or monitoring best practices
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
The salary range for this position is $159,469-$258,903. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off.
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.