Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in the Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) team at Dataiku, you will play a pivotal role in driving data-driven decision-making across the organization. Leveraging your advanced analytical skills and expertise in business intelligence tools and techniques, you will collaborate with the EDA team, cross-functional analytics teams, and executives to extract, analyze, and present valuable insights on company performance and opportunities. Your work will directly impact decision making, strategic planning, operational efficiency, and overall business performance.
Data Analysis and Visualization:
- Apply visual, statistical and machine learning methods (where appropriate) to identify trends, patterns, risks, and potential opportunities. Develop predictive and prescriptive analytical models to support proactive decision-making.
- Develop visually compelling dashboards and reports for senior leadership using BI tools such as Tableau and Dataiku's own DSS platform.
- Create presentation content for cross-functional executives to summarize results, to a high standard of visual presentation, demonstrating a coherent and defensible story through the use of data.
Strategic Insight Generation:
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders from various departments to document business goals and challenges, supported by deep understanding of how the business operates and the interdependencies of each department, turning these into solvable data/analytical problems, and ensuring the right team members are brought in to help.
- Translate data analysis into actionable recommendations that inform strategic decision-making and drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that Dataiku can monitor ongoing success or resolution of identified issues via the creation of single-source-of-truth metrics and KPIs with clear targets, aligning to industry standards whenever appropriate.
Data Modeling and Transformation:
- Transform structured, and occasionally raw, data into usable formats for ad hoc analysis to answer clearly defined questions, ensuring data quality, consistency, and reliability.
- Work with the Analytics Engineering team to operationalize these new data sources, making them available to analysts across the business in our cloud data platform.
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Communication:
- Lead meetings presenting the results of analysis to cross-functional teams and senior management.
- Support analysts across the business to ensure they have the best tools, data and context the EDA team has available to support their problem-solving, including helping to administer the Tableau Cloud instance used by 100s of analysts and managers at Dataiku.
- Work with the Analytics Engineering team to continuously improve the quality and utility of the reference datasets that the team builds and maintains.
- Build clear and detailed project specifications for own work plan based on stakeholder requirements, and additionally deliver clear specifications to the Analytics Engineering team for new metrics or data sources required to fulfill analytical needs.
Team Leadership and Mentorship:
- Lead and mentor junior analysts, sharing best practices and fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth within the BI team, and wider community of analysts at Dataiku.
- Proven experience (5+) in business intelligence / analytics.
- Expert-level proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, including administration of the platform.
- Proficiency in data prep tools such as Dataiku, Alteryx, Tableau Prep, etc.
- Deep understanding of SaaS business metrics preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, or a related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of languages such as SQL, Python, R, or similar.
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis, data modeling, and machine learning concepts.
- Experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Public company experience is a plus, but not required.
- Candidates must be located on the East Coast and be working hours in EST.
The final compensation package for this role will be determined during the interview process and is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, internal equity, education, skill set, experience and training. Eligible roles may also be entitled to receive commission or other variable compensation through Dataiku's incentive compensation program.
Dataiku also offers comprehensive benefits, including stock options, medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a 401k company match, paid vacations and sick leave, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits. Dataiku reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.