Senior Software engineer AI & Machine Learning - Paris or Remote France
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Developer interested in AI and machine learning to join us at Dataiku to work on the very core of our world-renowned platform used by 350+ organizations and thousands of data scientists every day. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build a cutting-edge product that has a real impact on our customers. You will focus on Dataiku DSS’ machine learning and statistics capabilities, from building algorithms to better use ML models to developing the required visualization interfaces that allow users to make the most of their models.
What we do
Dataiku DSS is an on-premises or SaaS platform that connects together many data science technologies. We work with Pandas, Spark, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, Kubernetes, and many more. Basically, our technological stack is made up of the latest and greatest technologies from the big data and machine learning landscape.
What you will be doing
Your role will be to add new features or improve existing ones to help our customers use predictive algorithms and put them into production with an intuitive and user-friendly interface, as well as APIs that let coders control and automate all those operations. You may also develop some other AI features (think NLP, time series, computer vision, labeling management, etc.) or collaborate with the AI Lab, our research department, to develop cutting edge POCs and experiments on a broad set of emerging machine learning topics.
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have at least 6 years of experience in software engineering.
- You are interested in machine learning and are not afraid of statistics.
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems.
- You know that boosted trees are not only about silviculture.
- You have one or more professional experience building a real product.
- You can mentor less tenured developers, helping them grow both their technical and non-technical skill.
- You are humble and kind.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
(Note: This is a Software Engineering job. We have separate Data Scientist positions open).
- Initial call with the talent acquisition manager
- On-site meeting (or video call) with a software developer or a team lead
- Home test to show your skills
- Final interviews with an engineering manager and a VP of engineering
- An informal interview with a Dataiker to understand our culture
Dataiku’s culture is right for you if:
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance - flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits
- You need autonomy to thrive - we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers - meet for Friday universities, annual offsites, virtual trivia nights and more
- You like feeling cared about - watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home and an unforgettable onboarding week
- You care about giving back - it’s what our Ikig.AI program is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing
If you want to learn more about our hiring process, you can read this article about our engineering hiring philosophy.