Software Engineer Data Platform - Paris or Remote France
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
As enterprises worldwide become more and more invested in the cloud, Dataiku looks to expand its services and offerings to adapt to rapidly shifting customer needs. Dataiku brings together Large-scale data analytics and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use platform. It allows data scientists to process data with SQL databases, Spark, and Kubernetes with user-friendly visual interfaces or code.
The mission of the Self-service Analytics teams is to maintain and improve the core features of Dataiku that are dedicated to Business Analysts & Developers, such as:
- Data integration: this includes reading from and writing to Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Azure Synapse, flat files on S3 (CSV, Parquet, Excel, …)
- Data preparation & transformation through graphical UI, code or ChatGPT-like inputs, using the latest processing engines: Spark on K8s, SQL with UDFs, Snowpark, etc.
- Data catalog with automated quality assessment
- Jupyter notebooks & SQL workbench
- Help and onboarding experience
- Automation & public REST APIs
Here are some subject you will be working on:
- Add new ways to clean up data using Large Language Models such as ChatGPT
- Optimize our layout engine to be able to render complex workflows of 1000 datasets faster
- Support new databases capabilities to read/write or process data faster
- Improve our help system to make it smarter
- Strengthen our git support, including automatic and graphical merge conflicts resolutions
- Add autocomplete to our SQL workbench supporting a wide range of databases
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have experience in software development and are interested in data processing.
- You are "customer-oriented" you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems
- You know, Data science is 80% preparing data and 20% complaining about preparing data.
- You are curious about working 'under the hood' and want to learn how things are built.
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) in building a real product.
- You are humble and kind.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
- Video call with the talent acquisition manager
- Video call (or on-site meeting) with a software engineer, lead or engineering manager
- Home test to show your skills
- Final interviews with two of our VP of engineering
- An informal discussion with a Dataiker to understand our culture
Dataiku’s culture is right for you if:
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance - flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits (3 months paid leave for second parent)
- You need autonomy to thrive - we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers - meet for Friday universities, annual off sites, virtual trivia nights and more
- You like feeling cared about - watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home, many other gifts, swags and an unforgettable onboarding week
- You care about giving back - it’s what our Ikig.AI program is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing
If you want to learn more about our hiring process, you can read this article about our engineering hiring philosophy.