Sales Engineer, South Korea
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Dataiku is looking for a data science specialist to join as a Sales Engineer team based in South Korea, supporting our growth in the region. We're looking for someone who can express passion about data science, and communicate this passion to our customers. This role consists in supporting Dataiku's pre-sales efforts along the following three categories:
Building Interest in Dataiku
- Positioning the value of our technology in front of prospective clients
- Building and delivering demonstrations of the project, on data and use cases relevant to the prospect, and to their specific circumstances
Building Solutions in Dataiku: Sales Engineers are the primary builders of solutions that match the customer's needs with the capabilities of our technology, which require...
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies in the Big Data and Analytics space
- Knowledge of competing analytics and data science platforms and their respective strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to communicate the capabilities of Dataiku's technology in great depth
- Skill at conveying the value at which Dataiku's technology has delivered to other customers through in-depth knowledge of use cases and user stories
Building Evaluations of Dataiku: the Sales Engineer supports prospective clients that wish to evaluate our technology by...
- Structuring evaluations by identifying the core capabilities that need to be tested, and defining the most efficient way for them to be tested
- Building the evaluation project plan, with detailed timelines and responsibilities
- Marshaling the necessary resources from within Dataiku and the client organisation in order to ensure that the evaluation progresses efficiently
- Monitoring and ensuring that the evaluation goes to plan, and addressing any issues that may come up during the evaluation
As a sales engineer, you will:
- Work with multiple Account Executives & partners to support opportunity qualification process
- Make direct presentations to prospective customers and partners using knowledge of industry trends and standards and common industry challenges coupled with Dataiku solution knowledge
- Prepare the technical responses during the RFP and RFI process
- Drive the process of delivering high-quality product and architecture presentations and demonstrations
- Configure the Dataiku product and demonstrate advanced product concepts
- Train partners and customers on products and features and assist in implementation of the product.
- Customize and present Customer Presentations for every Customer/Industry/Role
- Ensure to follow up on problems and process independently related to solutions engineering whatever in pre-sale or implementation capacity ensuring excellent customer experience.
- Lead Support the validation and implementation of technical requirements with customers ensuring smooth deployment of solutions, working with the R&D & Operations.
- Assist account teams in ensuring customer satisfaction
Who you are:
- 1-3+ years direct experience in Data Science and Analytics
- Experience in complex / large-scale enterprise analytics deployment
- Experience in Python
- Familiarity with data storage and computing infrastructure for data of all sizes (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, on-premise, and cloud)
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries and techniques
- Experience with visualisation and dashboarding solutions
- Great communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to promote our software through smart blog posts, meet-ups and speaker engagements
- Ability to travel 10 to 40%