Software Engineers - Data Platform - France or Remote EMEA
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000+ employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
At Dataiku, we're not just adapting to the AI revolution, we're leading it. Since our beginning in Paris in 2013, we've been pioneering the future of AI with a platform that makes data actionable and accessible. With over 1,000 teammates across 25 countries and backed by a renowned set of investors, we're the architects of Everyday AI, enabling data experts and domain experts to work together to build AI into their daily operations, from advanced analytics to Generative AI.
Why Engineering at Dataiku?
Dataiku’s on-premise, cloud, or SaaS-deployed platform connects many data science technologies, and our technology stack reflects our commitment to quality and innovation. We integrate the best of data and AI tech, selecting tools that truly enhance our product. From the latest LLMs to our dedication to open source communities, you'll work with a dynamic range of technologies and contribute to the collective knowledge of global tech innovators. You can find out even more about working in Engineering at Dataiku by taking a look here.
What we do
As enterprises worldwide become more and more invested in the cloud, Dataiku looks to expand its services and offerings to adapt to rapidly shifting customer needs. Dataiku brings together Large-scale data analytics and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use platform. It allows data scientists to process data with SQL databases, Spark, and Kubernetes with user-friendly visual interfaces or code.
To help us fulfill this mission, we are looking for a talented full-stack software engineer to work on the Data analytics part of Dataiku and other core features of the platform.
How you’ll make an impact:
The mission of the Self-service Analytics teams is to maintain and improve the core features of Dataiku that are dedicated to Business Analysts & Developers, such as:
- Data integration: this includes reading from and writing to Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Azure Synapse, flat files on S3 (CSV, Parquet, Excel, …)
- Data preparation & transformation through graphical UI, code or ChatGPT-like inputs, using the latest processing engines: Spark on K8s, SQL with UDFs, Snowpark, etc.
- Data catalog with automated quality assessment
- Jupyter notebooks & SQL workbench
- Help and onboarding experience
- Automation & public REST APIs
Some expected outcomes for this role:
- Add new ways to clean up data using Large Language Models such as ChatGPT
- Optimize our layout engine to be able to render complex workflows of 1000 datasets faster
- Support new databases capabilities to read/write or process data faster
- Improve our help system to make it smarter
- Strengthen our git support, including automatic and graphical merge conflicts resolutions
- Add autocomplete to our SQL workbench supporting a wide range of databases
What you need to be successful:
- You have experience in software development and are interested in data processing.
- You are "customer-oriented" you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems
- You know, Data science is 80% preparing data and 20% complaining about preparing data.
- You are curious about working 'under the hood' and want to learn how things are built.
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) in building a real product.
- You are humble and kind.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
What does the hiring process look like?
- Initial call with a member of our Technical Recruiting team
- Video call with an Engineering Team Lead
- Technical Assessment to show your skills (Home Test or Live Coding)
- Debrief of your Tech Assessment with Engineering Team member
- Final Interview with a VP Engineering
What are you waiting for!
At Dataiku, you'll be part of a journey to shape the ever-evolving world of AI. We're not just building a product; we're crafting the future of AI. If you're ready to make a significant impact in a company that values innovation, collaboration, and your personal growth, we can't wait to welcome you to Dataiku! And if you’d like to learn even more about working here, you can visit our Dataiku LinkedIn page.