Software Engineer in Test (QA) Intern
At Dataiku, we're not just adapting to the AI revolution, we're leading it. Since our beginning in Paris in 2013, we've been pioneering the future of AI with a platform that makes data actionable and accessible. With over 1,000 teammates across 25 countries and backed by a renowned set of investors, we're the architects of Everyday AI, enabling data experts and domain experts to work together to build AI into their daily operations, from advanced analytics to Generative AI.
Why Engineering at Dataiku?
Dataiku’s on-premise, cloud, or SaaS-deployed platform connects many data science technologies, and our technology stack reflects our commitment to quality and innovation. We integrate the best of data and AI tech, selecting tools that truly enhance our product. From the latest LLMs to our dedication to open source communities, you'll work with a dynamic range of technologies and contribute to the collective knowledge of global tech innovators. You can find out even more about working in Engineering at Dataiku by taking a look here.
In order to test Dataiku products, the Quality Assurance team (QA) has developed a test suite splitted in various areas / features. As the test suite takes several hours to be run, the QA team has developed a JSON format to run only part of the test suite. This JSON format can be generated from a Web application allowing to select tests by features / requirements / environment … This web application is currently widely used by Dataiku R&D.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer in Test Intern. The goal of this internship is to improve the usability of the web app based on mockup designed by the UX team.
In this internship you will:
- Get familiar with Dataiku DSS, the test suite and the test framework concepts
- Study Github API / Jenkins, Python and CSS, Dash framework …
- Develop a new version of the Webapp, improving its usability and maintenance.
- Celebrate and party because you’ve simplified the life of many developers and decreased the error possibilities.
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- Python framework to build small web applications.
- How to organize the code to help testability and maintenance.
- Additional skills behind the code (discuss specifications / user experience / create presentations)
You might be a good fit if:
- You already have few Web development skills (some knowledge on CSS and ideally in Python)
- You are curious on how things are working together and challenge the complex parts
- You use your social skills to build relationships with people
- You are able to present your contributions to others (QA / dev)
The internship will take place in our nice and cozy office located in the heart of Paris.