Telehealth Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (PST)
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
Equip Health is seeking a passionate, driven Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join its rapidly growing clinical care team caring for children and adults with eating disorders in a 100% virtual Telehealth platform. Medical Provider are essential members of Equip's 5-person virtual treatment team, working alongside a therapist, dietitian, peer mentor, and family mentor to help people recover from eating disorders.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and diagnosis of eating disorders and co-occurring psychiatric conditions (psychiatric consultation available)
- Implement medication treatment plans for eating disorders and co-occurring conditions in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth) setting
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary treatment team of physicians, dietitians, therapists, patient mentors, and family mentors, along with outside providers
- Utilize between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team through Equip EMR in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engage and collaborate in treatment team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
- Board certification in family medicine or related specialty
- Maintain active NP license(s) or PA license(s) and pursue cross licensing as applicable (cost of cross state licenses to be covered by Equip)
- Demonstrate a passion for caring for patients with eating disorders
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent evidence-based care, advancing clinical skills, and a passion for professional development
- Communicate effectively with patients and patients carers, and respond to messages within a timely manner
- Be curious, enjoy learning, and participate enthusiastically in a multidisciplinary team
- Enjoy working collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to provide care 2 evenings per week (7pm in candidate’s time zone)
- Must be located in PST or MST
- Your time will be divided between:
- Team meetings:
- Tuesdays - Treatment Team Meeting
- Tuesdays - Medical/Psychiatric Team Meeting
- Individual supervision: 0.5 - 1hr/week
- Scheduled Clinic Time: 65% of your Clinic Time is devoted to sessions with patients.
- Administrative Time : 25% of your Clinic Time is time to respond to between-session messages, hold unanticipated sessions and coordinate care with patients’ primary care provider and other outside providers
- There is no call requirement; major and minor holidays are off without patient obligations
- Monday - Friday; Full-Time, 40 hours a week
Bonus if you have the following:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- 1-2 years of clinical experience
- Experience treating patients with eating disorders
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist training from the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Equip Health
Something looks off?