Telehealth Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About this role:
Equip Health is seeking a passionate, driven Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join its rapidly growing clinical care team caring for children and adults with eating disorders in a 100% virtual Telehealth platform. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners are essential members of Equip’s treatment team, working alongside a therapist, peer mentor, medical provider, dietitian and family mentor to help people recover from an eating disorder.
*For future openings
- Provide comprehensive assessments and diagnosis of eating disorders and co-occurring psychiatric conditions
- Implement medication treatment plans for eating disorders and co-occurring conditions in a virtual clinic (i.e. telehealth) setting
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary treatment team of physicians, dietitians, therapists, patient mentors, and family mentors, along with outside providers
- Utilize between-session messaging to support patients and communicate with the treatment team through Equip’s EMR in accordance with Equip’s policies and procedures
- Engage and collaborate in treatment team meetings, supervision, and department meetings
- Your time will be divided between:
- Team meetings: 2 hours per week. Treatment Team Meeting and Medical/Psychiatric Team Meeting
- Individual supervision: 0.5 -1hr/week
- Clinic Time: 65% of your Clinic Time is devoted to sessions with patients. 26 Hours of Direct Patient Care.
- Administrative Time: 20% of your Clinic Time is scheduled to respond to between-session messages or hold unanticipated sessions
- There is no call requirement; major and minor holidays are off without patient obligations
- Board Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Maintain an active license to practice in the state(s) that their patients reside and/or be willing to become licensed in other states (paid by Equip)
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent evidence-based care, advancing clinical skills, and a passion for professional development
- Communicate effectively with patients and patients carers, and respond to messages within a timely mannerBe curious, enjoy learning, and participate enthusiastically in a multidisciplinary team
- Comfort and experience treating patients with emotion dysregulation, suicidal ideation, substance use, trauma, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personalIty disorders, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and substance use disorders. Equip uses a HAES and gender affirming approach to care
- Ability to provide care 2 evenings per week till 6 pm in PST.
- Monday - Friday. 40 hours
Bonus if you have the following:
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- 1-2 years of clinical experience
- Experience treating patients with eating disorders
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Equip Health
Something looks off?