Staff DevOps Engineer
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
Our engineering team values agility, collaboration, and autonomy. We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers but great collaborators—engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on new problems that no other companies have solved before.
We are seeking an experienced Staff DevOps Engineer to play a key role in our application development on the AWS Cloud platform. The Staff Engineer leads the alignment of software development and operations in order to enable the delivery of applications and services at a high velocity. They are responsible for optimizing the deployment pipelines and driving innovations in our application development lifecycle. The engineer demonstrates a profound knowledge of modern application development stacks. This role works closely with a team of developers and contractors, ensuring seamless, efficient, and effective integration and deployment processes.
- Team Leader - Lead the DevOps discipline of Engineering and help the software teams deliver services at a rapid pace in a continuous deployment model.
- Build, manage, monitor, and optimize AWS cloud infrastructure, ensuring high availability and performance
- Build & manage CI/CD pipelines
- Partner with engineering teams to improve their productivity, ensure they run on top of reliable and scalable systems, and promote best practices
- Provide guidance to the team on best practices and architecture in cloud infrastructure,, hosting and monitoring react frontend apps and java backend services
- Provide support to the tech ops and engineering teams to address and resolve production issues
- Develop tools in a variety of frameworks and languages to automate manual processes
- 10+ years relevant work experience in DevOps, platform engineering or SRE role
- Proficiency with building cloud infrastructure with infrastructure as code using Terraform & Cloudformation
- Proficiency with building CI/CD pipelines (preferred: CircleCI, Gitlab)
- Proficiency with writing code in Python, TypeScript & Java for Linux OS
- Deep understanding and experience with AWS cloud provider and AWS services such as ECS/Fargate, API Gateway, CloudFront, Docker, S3, lambda, SQS & RDS
- Experience with microservices, APIs, serverless, relational databases to build scalable backend systems
- Experience with setting up monitoring for infrastructure, web applications and services
- Experience with tuning, monitoring and diving deep to resolve technical issues
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.