Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're searching for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). You will be responsible for the full system lifecycle including infrastructure provisioning, system configuration, deployments, monitoring, and incident response in production environments. The SRE uses technical analysis to assess the availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of a product or infrastructure and builds reliability into systems. To ensure the highest level of application performance and availability, the reliability engineer works closely with development teams, relevant functional operations teams, network engineers, database administrators, technology vendors and partners. The successful reliability engineer effectively guides incident responses, helps identify root causes and provides recommendations or solutions to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Design and build out our cloud infrastructure (we run everything in AWS).
- Participate in software and system performance analysis, tuning, and service capacity planning.
- Manage the availability, scalability, security, and performance of our platform and applications.
- Diagnose bottlenecks for the full stack and provide recommendations to overcome the bottlenecks as an interim work around, while long-term solutions are investigated.
- Periodically assess all monitoring requirements and implement enhancements to meet or exceed changing business needs.
- Proactively review, recommend, and implement changes to the live infrastructure after ensuring the right validation has been carried out.
- Use data analysis to pick up trends before they become major problems.
- Perform 24/7 on-call duties.
- 5+ years of experience in operating high-traffic SaaS environments.
- Deep expertise in the mentality, processes, and tools needed to deliver five nines.
- Skills to build a fully automated, highly elastic cloud orchestration framework on AWS.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and its underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning, filesystems and IO.
- Solid scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Development experience (e.g. Python, PHP, Java, Kotlin).
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks.
- Experience with performance diagnostics, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Technologies you are likely to be working with...
AWS, Ansible, Terraform, MySQL/Aurora, Redshift, Nginx, Apache, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Git, Bash, Python, PHP, Java, Kotlin, Ruby, Nessus, Nagios, Sumologic, NewRelic, PagerDuty
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives every day
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to give back to campaigns of their choice every month
- We're happy to pay for exceptional people, offer full benefits, issue bonuses, and stock options
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead
More about GoFundMe…
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $4 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: