Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Principal ML Engineer to help oversee end-to-end implementation of machine learning products into our data function. You will collaborate with an accomplished team of individuals to drive impact for our users and our business.
- Provide technical leadership and responsibility for guiding the development of machine learning models and collaborating multi-functionally to turn data into actionable insights.
- Work closely with other data scientists, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders to drive the successful implementation of machine learning projects.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define long-term machine learning strategy and identify opportunities to leverage data for business growth and customer happiness.
- Lead the design, development and deployment of advanced ML models, algorithms, and data pipelines to solve complex problems and improve business processes.
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, data science, and analytics with a consistent track record of successfully leading complex projects.
- Extensive knowledge of ML algorithms, including a deep understanding of statistical modeling, and Python development tooling and libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Pytest, PySpark, SQL, Airflow, MLflow, Hugging Face Transformers, Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Experience or some exposure to LLMs, either using Open AI API or Open Source models and frameworks like Hugging Face, LangChain, Llama-2, Falcon, Dolly, etc., is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team of ML engineers, fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill, with the ability to apply creative solutions to real-world challenges.
- Comfortable experimenting with and incorporating cutting-edge techniques into our existing system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A Masters or Ph. D in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related field is preferred.
- Sense of humor (optional but appreciated).
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $210,000 - $280,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: