Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and energetic Machine Learning Engineer to join our team of very talented engineers. We have a lot of ideas and hypotheses we'd love to explore as we understand the world of social fundraising. If conducting data research in a new field excites you, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a remote position. Candidates considered for this role will be located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Build and improve on machine learning systems to solve exciting problems that engage and improve experience for GoFundMe campaign organizers, prospective donors and supporters.
- Conduct research to identify and build features that help predict user actions such as donating, starting a GoFundMe campaign and sharing / supporting campaigns
- Design and implement powerful machine learning algorithms in distributed machine learning frameworks
- Deliver scalable and high-performance ML solutions for different products
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a quick cadence of research, experimentation, and product launches
- Build efficient systems to prepare large amounts of data; be proficient with distributed programming frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark
- Collaborate with GoFundMe cross functional teams (Product, Design, Data, etc.) to bring your findings to life
- 5+ years of experience building end-to-end machine learning products, from data gathering, to model training and tuning, to deploying to production and monitoring its performance
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong experience wrangling, processing, and analyzing big data using Apache, Spark or similar technology
- Experience with information retrieval and is comfortable experimenting with and incorporating innovative techniques into our existing system
- Ability to write an end-to-end pipeline code that is modular, scalable, and easy for future team members to build upon
- Ping pong skills, an appreciation for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits and supportive time off policies.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, and family planning.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.