Senior Developer Experience Engineer
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
The GoFundMe team is looking for an amazing Senior Developer Experience Engineer (DXE).
In this role you will be responsible for assisting development teams deliver the highest quality software by applying tools, techniques, and mentality. This includes educating our engineers and managers on development standard methodologies, providing technical documentation, and standardizing development flows with programming language support. The tools used by teams to create software are complex; owning and operating these tools requires specialist knowledge along with a customer-centric mindset to achieve our shared goals.
This is a remote position. Candidates considered for this role will be located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Hands-on developing strategic frameworks and defining workflows for optimal efficiency
- Automating away toil
- Measuring and reporting on DORA metrics
- Brainstorming and implementing ways to nurture developers and keep the department’s CI ecosystem healthy
- Fostering DevOps mentality to push the department’s velocity to meet goals
- Work with engineering teams for continuous collective and individual growth
- Writing technical documentation and any other docs that explain how to use tools
- Evaluating and installing developer tools (IDP, Loft, DevSpace, DevPod)
- Maintaining Dev tools ecosystem
- 3-5 years in small to mid-sized organization in a DevEx, DevOps, or developer role
- Expertise with Bash and one or more of PHP, Java, Python3, Go
- Expertise with build and release management (CI/CD pipelines, tagging, artifacts)
- Experience with at least one of Terraform, Pulumi
- Experience with MySQL, Kafka, Redis
- Experience creating sandbox environments, working examples and presentations
- Unwavering desire to be helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR relevant equivalent technical experience.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits and supportive time off policies.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, and family planning.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.