Senior Revenue Accountant
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Senior Revenue Accountant! Our Senior Revenue Accountant reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager and will assist in overseeing our monthly close, grow and scale our revenue recognition process, and liaise between cross-functional groups in order to ensure strong partnerships across finance and other teams. You will have the opportunity to provide value through financial analysis and modeling and directly impact our automation initiatives.
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end close activities including preparation of revenue related journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses.
- Assist in the design, scaling, and continued automation of revenue accounting, including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, and contra-revenue.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly revenue financial reporting packages by preparing supporting schedules.
- Prepare and analyze payment processor interchange pricing models and present findings and recommendations related cost savings.
- Manage cross-functional teams (tax, legal, marketing, product, data, etc.) in the development of standard operating procedures as they impact the revenue process and top line results and ensure that all revenue impacting activities are identified and assessed for revenue recognition implications.
- Assist with the global and stat audits by preparing supporting audit workpapers and schedules.
- Assist with new system implementations and integrations by preparing use cases and user testing.
- Assist in the development and implementation of controls over the data used for reporting revenue.
- Track and review revenue related contracts to ensure revenue implications are documented and in compliance with the company’s revenue policy.
- Assist in ad-hoc analyses and projects for the revenue, accounting and tax teams.
- 2 years’ experience with a Big 4 accounting firm with proven dedication + 2 to 3 years industry experience at a top tier fintech company is a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, CPA certification is a plus.
- Breadth of experience in US GAAP and ASC 606 revenue recognition guidance.
- Basic experience researching, documenting, and communicating technical accounting matters.
- Expert Excel knowledge is required (record sets >1M rows).
- Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases or ability to learn is required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment.
- Ability to work meticulously and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries.
- Enjoy a fast-paced ever-changing environment where contributions make an immediate difference.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee-only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend.
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $90,000-$125,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.