Senior Software Engineer
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
GoFundMe is looking to build out our Payments Platform engineering team. We are searching for a dedicated software engineer who’s interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better, personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and users!
Candidates considered for this role will be located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- You’ll collaborate with a team of engineers and product management to implement improvements and new features for the GoFundMe Payments Platform.
- You'll be responsible for development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of new and existing backend services and tools
- You’ll participate in code reviews to maintain internal standards for style, maintainability, and excellence.
- You’ll contribute to the growth of the Payments Organization by looking for opportunities to improve efficiency, processes and productivity
- You’ll participate in on-call rotations to assist in solving urgent engineering issues.
- You’ll recognize technical debt, propose and implement solutions.
- You’ll provide mentorship to junior developers through chat and pair programming.
- You’ll advocate for improvements to the codebase, and provide leadership to others within your team.
- 5+ years of Professional experience working with backend programming languages (e.g., Java, Kotlin, Python, php).
- Professional experience with relational database design.
- Professional experience developing REST APIs using any standard framework.
- Experience using Git in a workplace environment.
- Experience working in an agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and the ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and log analytics tools. We use New Relic and Sumo Logic.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with async processing. We use SQS/SNS, Kafka.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits and supportive time off policies.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, and family planning.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.