Want to help us help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Communications Associate who will generate earned media to support GoFundMe fundraiser organizers and special projects, and execute proactive announcements to targeted media in Canada. It’s an exciting opportunity to grow in the Communications field and help impact our GoFundMe users. Please note that although this role can be remote, you will work in real-time and asynchronously with multiple time zones, including the US team primarily on the West Coast, and the international team across Europe and Australia.
- Own and drive awareness in a Canadian geography, through pitching and generating stories about GoFundMe fundraisers, creative campaigns, and crowdfunding trends
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reporters in Canada and successfully generate positive news on a regular basis
- Support on building out the Canadian narrative that communicates our mission of helping people, through impactful storytelling and with a Canadian lens
- Develop/deploy creative earned media tactics to generate positive news as well as innovative PR plans highlighting inspiring GoFundMe fundraisers
- Expand amplification efforts to make fundraiser organizers more successful through creative communication strategies and tactics
- Work with GoFundMe fundraiser organizers to help tell their stories
- Respond to reporter inquiries on an ongoing basis
- This is a fully remote role based in Canada
- BA/BS in Journalism, English or Communications, or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years of experience in a newsroom or comms environment
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated creativity in driving communications and maximizing media opportunities
Required: Bi-Lingual English and French speaker
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee-only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend.
- Time off policies including statutory vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.