Dutch Linguist (Contract)
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! We are searching for passionate Dutch Linguist Consultant who is interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better and having a real impact on our products' users! At GoFundMe, linguists have the chance to work on various content of our products. Linguists will work to localize Product, Marketing and Support contents to give our international customers the best in class experience, enabling them to help each other in their native language.
- Report to Localization Program Manager
- Translate content from English into Dutch for all GoFundMe’s projects, including but not only, website, app, marketing and CS
- Review translated content for accuracy and consistency according to style guides and glossary while providing constructive feedback
- Ensure language delivery within set deadlines with quality ready to be published
- Ask proper queries during the localization process
- Collaborate with other linguists to ensure language quality
- Collaborate with GoFundMe’s International team, receiving feedback and ensuring Dutch content represents GoFundMe’s voice and brand
- Properly use reference materials and request these to LPM when needed
- Find opportunities and provide recommendations for the Dutch market.
- Perform LQA tasks as needed
- 5+ years of translating and reviewing experience from English to Dutch
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Translation, Linguistics or Language Studies
- Experience in creating and maintaining glossaries and style-guides
- Solid experience in Dutch end-to-end localization process for digital products
- Vast experience using CAT tools, especially Smartling
- Knowledge of web localization fundamentals
- Comfortable raising issues that arise during the localization process
- Strong communication skills, including written documentation and following written instructions
- Work collaboratively with a highly engaged team, being flexible and adaptable to teams needs
- Certified by the American Translators Association (ATA), International Federation of Translators (IFT) or equivalent
- Experience in the non-profit or fundraising industry
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.