Risk Analyst II
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Trust is an integral part of GoFundMe's business. It drives growth, builds and nurtures our brand, and ensures that we always do the right thing by our customers. The Risk, Compliance, & Platform Integrity team is at the front line of GoFundMe’s efforts to protect donors, fundraiser organizers, beneficiaries, and our company from financial crimes and abuse. As a member of the Risk team, you will be responsible for analyzing fundraisers for fraud and money laundering schemes, verifying identities and KYC information, and enforcing compliance with relevant laws and regulations. You will be asked to serve primarily in the Risk Investigator role within the team structure.
This is an incredibly rewarding job where you are required to operate at an impeccable level of consistency while mastering new techniques and technologies to ensure GoFundMe remains a safe place to give online.
The Risk Investigator Job…
- Conduct additional due diligence on accounts requesting larger or otherwise higher risk payouts, with a focus on mitigating potential losses or misuse.
- Investigate and/or perform outreach on prioritized triaged leads.
- Interface with customers to complete vetting requirements, apprise of account status, and offer general support in the context of risk management.
- Offer guidance on any relevant escalated customer support ticket, or account review, which may include phone support.
- Review customer KYC/KYB information, including but not limited to identity verification and watchlist management, escalating any potential matches to the Compliance team.
- Investigate and mitigate risks associated with NPO fundraising efforts on the GoFundMe platform.
- Review and respond to issuer disputes, and perform any outreach as necessary.
- Audit actions taken on accounts and transactions as well as our interactions with customers and other teams to drive adherence to procedure and uniformity across teams.
- Review accounts that incur a negative balance and complete post mortems to identify the root cause for loss and recommend compensating controls in concert with Risk Leadership.
- Participate in biweekly team huddles, department All Hands, and one-to-one meetings with Risk Managers.
- Work a weekend day on a rotational basis (i.e. Tuesday-Saturday). You will always have two consecutive days off in a row.
- 1-3 years experience in merchant risk monitoring, customer due diligence, payment processing, online marketplaces, or similar
- Passionate about growing within the payments industry and developing knowledge about processing behaviors.
- Comfortable operating in gray decision making areas and making risk-based decisions based on the available facts and analysis.
- Empathetic with a strong customer-centric mindset.
- Work well with a distributed global workforce and confidently maintain communication while working autonomously in a remote or hybrid environment.
- Ambitious self starter with excellent attention to detail.
- Fast learner, with initiative and follow through without sacrificing quality.
- Strong performer, able to meet deadlines while balancing different priorities.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of global customer due diligence, AML, CTF, sanctions, beneficial ownership requirements, Know Your Customer standards, and how these apply for a merchant and the wider financial ecosystem.
- Passionate about staying current on regulatory changes, industry guidance, and card scheme compliance.
- Preferred: Bi-Lingual English and Spanish speaker
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including statutory vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $70,000-$95,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about GoFundMe: