Senior Product Designer (Design Systems)
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world - join us!
The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Senior Product Designer to help shape and improve the GoFundMe Design System called Heart. We’re a small, fast-paced team that works closely to create and maintain the resources our product teams rely on to build their user experiences. If you are comfortable existing in the space between design and engineering, love building tools, and find joy in empowering others, we hope you’ll consider joining us.
Candidates considered for this role will be located in one of the following locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, or New York.
- Develop and maintain UI components, patterns, and guidelines for a cohesive user experience.
- Create and manage design documentation, including libraries, style guides, and patterns.
- Simplify complex design challenges while adhering to established principles.
- Perform design audits and reviews to ensure alignment with our system and brand guidelines.
- Create processes and pathways for Designers and Engineers to contribute to the design system.
- Work closely with the brand team to establish a design system that reflects the brand and values of GoFundMe, visually and interactively.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure design system adoption and to address new components when the need arises
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer working in-house or at an agency.
- Proficiency in Figma’s auto-layout, components, libraries, branching, styles, and variables.
- An ability to create comprehensive and accessible design system documentation.
- Experience with sprint-based project management software, like Jira.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices (WCAG AA).
- Strong understanding of design systems, design thinking, and user-centered design principles.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a passion for delivering pixel-perfect design assets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and high level strategy clearly.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee-only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend.
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $120,000 - $165,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.