Customer Care Specialist, German Language Required
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Customer Care Specialist in Dublin, Ireland who will offer effective & empathetic support to our customers, & ensure that appropriate actions are taken to resolve customer problems & concerns.
- Make a difference by offering human support to our customers, connecting directly with organisers who are gathering support from their communities & generous donors who impact the success of each cause
- Work in a dynamic environment, where you’ll need to be resourceful, creative, adaptable & solution focused
- Help our customers to successfully transfer raised funds to their bank accounts, coach them to succeed through their fundraising experience, & help them navigate tricky troubleshooting scenarios, all through some of the most exciting & tough moments of their lives
- Provide support via live chat & email, & passionately champion customer feedback to improve the GoFundMe experience
- Fluent English Speaker - This is a must. Your English must be at a C1 level or above!
- Proficiency in Dutch or German - Required level C1 or above
- Committed to late morning shift start - You are able & willing to work an 11am-8pm GMT or similar shift time for the foreseeable future, with limited flexibility to work alternate shift times depending on team need.
- Metric & goal driven - We set high standards so we can provide an human & effortless experience to our customers. You enjoy challenging yourself & holding yourself accountable to reaching targets!
- Customer Centric - You care about the experience our customers have & understand the impact you have on their GoFundMe experience.
- Compassionate - Are you someone who truly cares about people & wants to help them? Are you emotionally intelligent & can adjust your approach based on the customer’s situation?
- Adaptable - You enjoy being part of a growing organisation. You thrive under new challenges & in an ever-evolving environment!
- Effective communicator - You’ll be in constant contact with our customers via different communication channels, will need to be a strong writer & someone that is able to confidently use communication as a tool to address our customers’ needs.
- Tech-Savvy - Are you comfortable working in an online space, learning new tools quickly, & troubleshooting tech-issues?
- Critical, solution-minded thinker - Can you identify potential challenges, trends, & propose solutions? Everyone owns the success of our team!
- Attention to detial - Did you notice "detail" is misspelled?
- Resourceful - Are you able to research independently, organise your resources effectively & discover creative solutions to challenges you may encounter?
- Invested in personal growth - Do you have a growth mindset, are hungry for feedback, & have a strong desire to learn?
- Team Player - You enjoy empowering others, celebrating their wins, & supporting other’s growth.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is €42,000 - €55,000+ equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, & location. Individual pay is determined by work location & additional factors including job-related skills, experience, & relevant education or training.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.