Apply here to join our Sales Development Representative Talent Pool - NYC
Sales Development Representative
Location: NYC - Hybrid | Department: Revenue | Employment type: Talent Pool
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join us here at GWI. Not just any Sales Development Representative though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
GWI is often looking for Sales Development Representatives who can own the sales cycle from start to finish. Within this team you will partner with the GWI revenue team to help drive new business. You will be joining the business during a period of rapid growth, providing a fast paced, smart and entrepreneurial environment in which there are opportunities to build, grow and develop at an unrivalled pace!
What you’ll be doing
You will be the first experience and point of contact for potential new customers at GWI, so you will need to be organised and tenacious in pursuing opportunities and leads.
- Identify new business opportunities through outbound lead generation, research and prospecting
- Manage and respond to inbound requests from prospective clients via cold calling and email
- Secure meetings for the GWI sales organisation
- Analyse customer needs and identify potential solutions
- Present and explain GWI product offerings
- Prospect and make outbound calls and emails to potential clients
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
We are usually looking for the following skills from an SDR:
- Proven experience of relevant work or internship
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Good MS Office Skills
Apart from your technical skills we would love our SDR to have the following competencies
- You have a warm and empathetic approach
- You are thick skinned and not afraid or demotivated by rejection or objections
- You’re a self starter that is curious and loves to ask questions
- Confident in communicating with stakeholders and peers
- You’ll be self aware and an active listener and have the ability to engage in complicated conversations
- Having an eye for detail and an organised approach to your work and time management
- Desire to cold call and build new relationships on phone, email and over video call
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits - all in line with Covid-19 guidelines of course.
- Competitive salary and [unrivaled commission plans/performance-based bonus]
- 23 PTO days and an extra duvet day for a time when you really need it
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance (don’t just take our word, check out Glassdoor!)
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A range of discounts and freebies
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- Health insurance starting at only $1 a month, plus dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k Plan with employer matching contributions
- A well-stocked kitchen and breakfast options galore (some healthy, some not so healthy) - should you wish to attend our offices, while observing Covid-19 guidelines
- Holiday and summer parties, trivia nights, happy hour drinks and more
- Early finishes on Friday
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.