Accounts Payable Assistant (10 months mat cover)
We’re looking for an accounts payable assistant to join us here at GWI. Not just any accounts payable assistant though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we zero in on what matters, we’re not afraid to be real and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join us here at GWI. Someone hard working, ambitious and genuine, who works best in the mindset of a collaborative and forward-thinking team.
What you’ll be doing
- Review invoices, confirming match with PO for payment approval. Follow up on non-PO invoices with the appropriate department/manager.
- Responsible for input of all invoices, credit notes and receipts making sure these are processed and fully allocated on a timely basis.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable Inbox ensuring all queries are resolved and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure efficient, accurate and compliant payment runs, minimise ad hoc runs.
- Responsible for regular supplier statement reconciliations.
- Responsible for reviewing the Aged Creditors report monthly and ensuring vendor accounts are fully reconciled, payment terms are checked, and erroneous balances are resolved.
- Setup of new vendors and manage vendors’ data accurately by effectively communicating with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Meet tight month-end deadlines for closing the purchase ledger and entering month-end journals, including accruals and prepayments.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits, and respond to external auditor inquiries.
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude.
So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Relevant experience in a similar role, in a fast paced finance department.
- Demonstrable experience in strict adherence to SOP and internal controls and a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and tight deadlines; high attention to detail and thorough self-review.
- Comfortable using excel, particularly PivotTables, VLOOKUP, and Data Tables
- Good understanding of the GL, bookkeeping, VAT and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of SAP Business One or another accounting systems
- Strong prioritisation and multitasking skills, staying effective under accelerated deadlines.
- Independent, self-directed, and able to work effectively in a team environment
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave (prorated)
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance (don’t just take our word, check out Glassdoor)
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A range of discounts and freebies
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- Healthshield cash plan for everyday healthcare
- Auto-enroll pension plan with GWI matching up to 4%
- A range of discounts and freebies
- Cycle to work scheme and commuter season ticket loan
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Early finishes on a Friday
- A well-stocked fridge, plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Regular social activities, including free online yoga and team outings
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.