Senior Sales Manager - Mid Market (Independent Agencies)
Senior Sales Manager
We’re looking for a senior sales manager to join us here at GWI. Not just any senior sales manager though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Sales Manager to be part of the sales team, selling into the independent agency vertical across APAC.
Our goal for our clients is to make GWI the go-to research solution for all insight needs. The primary focus will be to identify and sell the flagship GWI dataset to the key advertising agencies within the vertical in a dedicated territory. You will be part of a smart and entrepreneurial environment from which there are opportunities to build, grow and develop at an unrivalled pace!
What you’ll be doing
- Build a pipeline of opportunities within the APAC territory identifying the key agencies to reach quarterly new business targets
- Collaborate with your peers and VPs, to strategically identify and sell in opportunities to new agencies across the full range of GWI Solutions
- Engage with key target contacts via personal network, utilising in-bound leads and proactive outbound engagement with key DM’s in the defined vertical
- Manage all aspects of client presentations and deliver tailored proposal documents
- Track all conversations and manage all sales opportunities via Salesforce.
- Hit quarterly and annual sales targets and drive business growth, both via successfully converting inbound leads with a high level of responsiveness and proactively building your own pipeline of new opportunities in defined verticals
- Create your own new business activity plan to proactively identify new growth opportunities, develop targeted sales strategies, and efficiently deliver on those strategies to build a strong and sustainable pipeline
- Create and deliver tailored client presentations/proposals to proactively elicit briefs and/or respond to RFIs, RFQs and RFPs. Leverage client intelligence, industry knowledge and unique solutions provided via the GWI platform to stimulate client thinking, and ensure a strong influence on client decision making to close the sale
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the new business & client servicing heads to ensure good sales coordination, and facilitate effective transitioning of closed clients to Account Managers
- Work in close conjunction with adjacent functions such as Research, Product and Trials Teams to exchange knowledge, improve and design new ways of collaborative working and in the interest of better serving our clients
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Current or previous proven track record succeeding in a full 360 sales role
- Able to demonstrate excellent processes across Salesforce, Salesloft and/or other CRM’s
- Experience selling into agencies and/or Data/Market Research solutions
- Fluent English language is all that’s required, but any other spoken language would be a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the full sales cycle from prospecting to close, and a solid track record of building pipeline (inbound/outbound), closing and achieving sales goals
- You are self motivated to see things through in your sales and adaptable to situations that may arise
- Despite being an individual contributor, you will be a team player and enjoy supporting your peers and contributing to discussions when collectively looking to overcome barriers
- Excellent day management and activity prioritisation skills
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave (prorated)
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance (don’t just take our word, check out Glassdoor)
- Medical and Dental Plan
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A genuine commitment to mental and physical health, with a range of content, tools and perks to help you look after your wellbeing
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- A range of discounts and freebies
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Early finishes on a Friday
- Regular social activities, including free online yoga and team outings
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.