Senior Product Analyst
Location: London, UK | Office requirement: Flexible/ Hybrid with 1 day per week | Employment type: Fixed term (6 month contract) | Seniority level: Mid-Senior
We’re looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join us here at GWI. Not just any Senior Product Analyst though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
GWI’s Product Operations team’s mission is to empower Product to do their best work, with the right tools, techniques and insights, while increasing customer satisfaction by solving complex problems. We help define, communicate, support and improve important cross-functional operations, freeing up time and resources for product management to focus on building the right products at the right time.
A key team member, the Senior Product Analyst plays an important role in the product management organisation. We’re looking for someone passionate about data storytelling to help us make better decisions and solve more problems faster. Whether it’s helping to evaluate the next best opportunity with product managers, identifying patterns and anomalies to help define key areas of improvement, or measuring the performance of our cool new features, it’s a position that is all about finding and surfacing value to fuel our product development process.
Ideally, you will have a data analysis background but you also have a flair for communicating important data to key stakeholders in an engaging way. You should have worked with digital/SaaS products and the digital customer journey before, and if you have experience with project management, that’s also a plus.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting a team of analysts with their day to day including process improvements and helping to define strategy
- Supporting the whole of our product development teams with their analytics implementations and documentation including confidently embedding new ways of working
- Helping to define and measure metrics for the product team, always starting with what are the most important questions data needs to answer, and delivering this to senior leadership and executives
- Support our data-driven product development and deepen our understanding of user behaviour by drawing insights from a variety of data sources (including product utilisation, NPS, support tickets etc.)
- Providing exploratory analytics to given briefs identifying trends, points of failure, areas of success and anomalies to help define key areas of improvement and providing insights and suggestions based on results
- Deliver user-friendly reports that support self-serve performance analysis (e.g. flow metrics) & decision making in our product team
- Evangelise the importance of data-driven product development and contribute to the development of data literacy in the Product and Technology organisation
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Comfortable with product usage metrics and insight generation from different data sources for digital customer journeys
- Knowledge of common SaaS product and business performance metrics and flow metrics
- Experience with cohorting and root cause analysis to make recommendations
- Experience working with product analytics tools. Any one of Mixpanel, Amplitude, Pendo, Heap or Hotjar is good.
- Intermediate/Expert SQL experience (ELT/data transformation/data engineering experience a bonus)
- Familiarity with technical documentation and best practice
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools (Tableau preferred)
- Statistical knowledge including sampling, significance, hypothesis testing and basic probability theory
- Comfortable pushing changes to existing processes and data models
- 3-5 years in a similar product/data analytical role
- High degree of ownership and accountability
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good presentation and data storytelling skills
- Curious about product-led growth and the role data plays in unlocking it
- Enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating and leading open and honest communication
- Experience working in B2B Tech/SaaS or Scale Up would be beneficial
- Fluency in English
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits - all in line with Covid-19 guidelines of course.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus or commission
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and December holiday office closure days on top
- Early finishes on Friday
- Work from Anywhere
- Hybrid home/office working
- Latest tech equipment + WFH office budget
- Spill - confidential mental health support
- Private Health Insurance
- OneGWI - team that focuses on D&I in the workplace
- Enhanced parental leave
- Company phone contract (unlimited scheme)
- Restaurant Ticket Coupons
- Ongoing Learning and Development opportunities as part of GWI Grow
- Social activities and regular team outings
- Bonus/commission scheme
- 1 Volunteering day a year
- Referral scheme - rewards for candidate referrals
- Fruitful office - To help get your five a day we provide heaps of free fresh fruit, with deliveries every Monday and Wednesday.
- Free breakfast - Complimentary breakfast cereals, tea, coffee and gigantic selection of herbal teas - not to mention 7 types of milk.
- Ambassador Program - rewards for client referrals
- GWI ‘clubs’ - bookclub/yoga/av club
- Internal Recognition Program
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behaviour and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.