Senior Account Executive
Location: Hybrid in NYC | Department: Revenue | Employment type: Full Time, Permanent
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join us here at GWI. Not just any Account Executive though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWI'er you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we’re not afraid to ask why, and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our growing and dynamic corporate sales team. Selling into corporate clients with the goal of making GWI the go-to research solution for all consumer insight needs. As an individual contributor, you’ll be reporting to the Director of Corporate New Business. Your primary focus will be to identify and sell our suite of products and services to organizations who are on a mission to understand their ever changing audiences and optimize their GTM strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and execute the strategy for your named target accounts to build a pipeline that will enable you to meet and exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota
- Work cross functionally with our marketing, custom, strategic insights, solutions partners and product teams to support your outbound efforts and drive additional value in live opportunities
- Lead the entire sales cycle with your clients from initial opportunity creation to close
- Partner closely with your assigned Sales Development Representative (SDR) to strategize and execute on your outbound/inbounding prospecting plan
- Track all sales activity by managing sales opportunities and accurately forecast revenue achievement via Salesforce
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies
- Utilize market insights to refine sales strategies, differentiate our offerings, and maintain a competitive edge
- Experience in bringing innovative / market defining products to market within a competitive landscape
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Experience in Market Research is highly desired
- Ability to utilize strategic thinking and sales skills in order to align technology solutions with complex, multi-stakeholder business problems
- Success cross-selling multiple solutions to meet the needs of your clients (subscription vs custom)
- Follow MEDD(P)ICC sales methodology to qualify opportunities and progress deals through the pipeline is desired
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly
- Proven track-record of consistently meeting or over-achieving sales quotas in a new business role
- You are a hunter who sees the value of outbound prospecting to grow your own sales pipeline, in addition to inbound leads
- Ability to reach and develop relationships with senior executives and decision makers
The base salary for this role is between $88,000 to $97,000k plus an uncapped commission plan. Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications and location.
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks, rewards and office benefits - all in line with Covid-19 guidelines of course.
- Competitive salary and [unrivaled commission plans/performance-based bonus]
- 23 PTO days and an extra duvet day for a time when you really need it
- Flexi-time and a great work-life balance
- Allocated shares according to GWI’s share scheme
- A range of discounts and freebies
- LinkedIn Learning and ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
- Health insurance starting at only $1 a month, plus dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k Plan with employer matching contributions
- A well-stocked kitchen and breakfast options galore (some healthy, some not so healthy) - should you wish to attend our offices, while observing Covid-19 guidelines
- Holiday and summer parties, trivia nights, happy hour drinks and more
- Early finishes on Friday
Who we are
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behavior and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies. We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
Diversity & Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have gotten off the ground as a business.
Although things certainly aren’t perfect, we live in a society where differences are increasingly celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, it’s really important to us that it stays that way. This is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.